Problems streaming with AirPlay

Real Name
Doug
Yep, that's what it was...the TV rebooted.
I'm pretty sure that you and I are both old enough, Jim, to hear the phrase "... the TV rebooted..." and do a bit of a double take. There's more compute power in a dollar store calculator today than the computer that got astronauts to the moon. After spending a career in the IT world, this still brings me up short. (n)

I'm pretty sure that you and I are both old enough, Jim, to hear the phrase "... the TV rebooted..." and do a bit of a double take. There's more compute power in a dollar store calculator today than the computer that got astronauts to the moon. After spending a career in the IT world, this still brings me up short. (n)

Yep. The line of demarcation between our computers and our TV sets gets progressively less distinct.

On a negative note, one day later my streaming problem returned. Again, a complete reboot fixed it. Am I going to have to do this every day? That's the question I put to the Sony Tech Support gal I chatted with yesterday. She said the fix is to do a factory reset. I'm reluctant to do that as I spent a week tweaking the picture settings to get it to look right (to my taste).

I've also been having trouble with the Sling TV app I installed on the TV. Works fine until I actually bring up a program and try to start it, then nothing happens. Clearing the cache in the app fixes that, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Latest threads

Top Bottom