Problems with low bat sign on D200

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Flyfishdk, May 7, 2007.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

I have a problem with my D200 where I have an MB200 grib on. When I shoot I sometime get a low bat sign and have to turn the cam of an then turn it on again. the bats are fully charged... Do you have any Idea to solve it...??:frown:

2. I have had this problem from time to time. It usually occurs because the grip is loose. Try removing the grip, clean the contacts, and reattach the grip firmly. There was also a thread last week showing a thin plastic insert for use in the grip to improve contact. Sorry, but I don't remember the title or who posted it. Try searching for other threads on the MB-D200 grip too.

3. I too had this problem with just 2 of my lenses. The solution for me was to clean the contacts on the offending lenses and the body with an ink eraser. I didn't touch the grip contacts and my problem hasn't reoccurred.

4. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi Crystall & Mike

Crystall: Thanks:) found the post and have done as the poster sugested and I will see if that works..
    Funny that you mention it. it's only on my big sigma 120-300 maybe I will try that aswell.