Problems with NC 4.3.2 - software stop responding

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by heiko, Oct 9, 2005.

1. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Hi,

I was doing some picture processing over the weekend. NC 4.3.2 sometimes hang up on me when changing the Tone Comp.

In addition to that, I noticed today that changing the EV exposure value doesn't influence the histogram. I gave some -0.34 EV and the histogram stayed fixed up to the right edge - no movement at all. Other manipulations that also should change histogram had the same effect. This doesn't happen always, but sometimes. In my case it happened after I had to restart NC twice because it stopped responding after I did a Tone Comp adjustment. I haven't seen that with NC 4.3.1.

Just one more thing - I manually deleted the temp files that were left when I had to terminate NC (after it didn't respond for a minute or so).

My hardware/software:

AMD 2.4GHz, 768MB RAM, several harddrives, Windows XP Pro. Nothing except the usual ZoneAlarm and regular Windows stuff was running while working in NC.

Anyone experiencing the same / similar problems? Any suggestions or help will be most appreciated.