Problems with NX2 modified raw files viewed in PSE5

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by otipher, Jul 20, 2008.

1. otipher

otipher

Jul 19, 2008
    NJ
    I've used Photoshop Elements 5 for quite a while and value it most for its catalog and tagging functions.

Recently I got a Nikon D40x and a trial version of Capture NX2 software, I am immediately seeing better image results in NX2.

But the changes I make with NX2 to the .NEF files are not visible in PSE 5.
    I tried setting NX2 as external editor for PSE 5, but that made no difference.

Is there any way to fix this?

The goals is to keep PSE 5 as the catalog/browser and use NX2 for edits as that (for me) gives better results.

otipher

2. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    PSE5 (and all Adobe products) read only the raw data contained in your NEF's, not the changes that you have applied to them via NX2. You'd have to save as TIFF or JPEG and then open that in PSE5 to see what you saw in NX2.

3. otipher

otipher

Jul 19, 2008
    NJ
    This is a long-shot, but are there any plug-ins for Adobe PSE that can process the changes to the NEF raw file made in Capture NX?

I hit upon the idea of replacing the Adobe raw plug-in for PS with the Nikon NEF plugin LE.8bi, but when I tried to open the edited NEF file in PS I got an error message similar to "This file has been edited in Capture NX and cannot be opened".

4. otipher

otipher

Jul 19, 2008
    NJ
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm currently perusing Dr A's guide which is very helpful...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.