Product photography: How do you create this background?

N

ndn_styl

You can use black acrylic....

Or even better, you can get a clear acrylic sheet cut to whatever size you want and just use your background paper (under it) for it to match whatever color product you are shooting.

This photo you posted here, looks kinda Photochopped... The front part of the sole refection doesn't match.

When I took the shot below a couple of weeks back I used a large sheet of black acrylic, note camera angle plays a big part in getting a good reflection, ideally I should have lowered the camera down a bit to get a better reflection.

5462906902_cc9d08f071.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One Strobe Challenge by *Rob*, on Flickr

I have used a large piece of clear plexi to get a reflection on white paper, but when I tried it with black I got a lot of reflection off the light source. I should have played with it more as I'm sure adjusting the light angle would have helped but I just didn't have the time. Any tips?

Here's clear plexi on white paper.
Boeing_Chicks_3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I could be mistaken, but I agree with Mike and Rob. This looks like black acrylic or plexiglass, with - I'm guessing - two softbox strobes, one to the left and one to the right, based on the reflections (you can see the toe of the shoe is a bit brighter, indicating a strobe to the left, and the edge of the back of the shoe is pretty bright, indicating a strobe to the right).

Again, just guessing, but that's what it looks like to me.

Latest threads

Top Bottom