Product photography tips please [receiver]

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by Desmond, Aug 31, 2008.

1. A friend of mine sells High defenition Tv receivers [ something like that ] .
    Think of a thin black stereo amp/tuner type thing . He wants me to take some pictures for him for his website . This is a sample of what he's done before http://www.haute-newzealand.co.nz/products/ .
    My first thought to elliminate reflections and create a white background was to place the item on a white desk by a white wall and fire flash from above directly at the wall to blow it out and provide an easily removable background .
    Any other thoughts or advice please ?

2. Thanks , pro photographers cost a lot for one picture of their product .
    I'm wondering if one flash fired at the wall behind me would maybe provide the soft light that I need .

3. Yep , I've got a white ceiling and I'll give it a try tomorrow night . I'm a bit tired today from photographing the WRC rally champs . The bounce flash sounds like a cheap[time wise] solution to reflectors .

4. Thanks for the interest , in about 12 hours from now I should have some ready .

5. ok , I never had a large white sheet of paper but did have a white plastic shower curtain . It was difficult blowing out the wrinkles without causing too many reflections , these are exactly as they came out of the camera , no editing done yet .
    D70S , manual mode , SB24 flash manual mode .

product009.

product012.

product039.

It took quite a few test shots but I ended up bouncing flash off the ceiling .

6. Thanks for the help , I suppose I could have gotten fancy and added a flash fired at the BG - maybe next time since my SU800 and SB800 should arrive soon .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.