PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY

i'm posting few samples of
CERAVE00.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
CesarCanine00.jpg
Dovemen.jpg
Neutrogena-00.jpg
Sanpellegrinoaranciata.jpg
SanpellegrinoLimonata2 copy.jpg
my product photography
Let me know if you like it.
Thanks.

These are quite good. Any photos of your setup?

Greetings from up the road in Clearwater.
Hey neighbor :)
sorry no photos of setup but i can tell you is a 2 continuous light on side and one illuminating the back for white background, all reflactions are made with PS

any other impressions ???

This type of photography is more difficult to do than is typically imagined until one has actually done it. I always judge a photograph based on what the photographer is apparently hoping to achieve and it's evident to me that you achieved most everything if not everything you hoped to make happen.

I'm surprised you used one lamp on one side and were still able to achieve such even lighting on the subjects. If that became more difficult to achieve than you hoped or if it required attention during post-processing, consider using two lamps, one on each side of the subject to achieve even lighting.

You display only one side of subjects that are boxes. I just now went to Amazon.com and to Sanpelligrino's website and confirmed that most photos I came upon (I didn't look at a lot) display three sides of boxes. A few display two sides and very few display only one side. Naturally, displaying two or three sides makes the image seem more three-dimensional.

I wonder (because I don't know) if it would be helpful to be able to show prospective clients images with real reflections rather than artificial reflections produced during post-processing. If so, you could work on the techniques required to make highly precise reflections and soft, imprecise reflections.

Last edited:
This type of photography is more difficult to do than is typically imagined until one has actually done it. I always judge a photograph based on what the photographer is apparently hoping to achieve and it's evident to me that you achieved most everything if not everything you hoped to make happen.

I'm surprised you used one lamp on one side and were still able to achieve such even lighting on the subjects. If that became more difficult to achieve than you hoped or if it required attention during post-processing, consider using two lamps, one on each side of the subject to achieve even lighting.

You display only one side of subjects that are boxes. I just now went to Amazon.com and to Sanpelligrino's website and confirmed that most photos I came upon (I didn't look at a lot) display three sides of boxes. A few display two sides and very few display only one side. Naturally, displaying two or three sides makes the image seem more three-dimensional.

I wonder (because I don't know) if it would be helpful to be able to show prospective clients images with real reflections rather than artificial reflections produced during post-processing. If so, you could work on the techniques required to make highly precise reflections and soft, imprecise reflections.

Yes of course you can do anything in studio.
Just starting up again after several years not being a pro, time fly and things change.
3 side of the object is just a different view, it help but sometimes packages have sealing on that side, a sort of little flap folded to close the bottom of the box, not beautiful to see. you can create natural reflections with acrilic white or black panels on the bottom of the object, of course its a different one that the one made in PS.
2 light set up, in some cases 3, one on top, continuous light and big white flag to soft the light.
I am aspecting a delivery with my new purchased flash lights / strobes / mono lights and relative diffuser.
And yes its a difficult to do, lot of patience needed, especially to keep the objects straight, camera have to be straight as well and on the same level. i can tether with cable , computer and LR, and it help a lot sometimes, dog food picture is actually a 3 picture composition and 3 reflections, so 6 pictures merged togheter . But like you said, thank you, i achieve my goal, but sometimes is more difficult to do.

My issue with these is that the items seem very 2 dimensional. It was obvious to me that the reflections were added in PP. I found #1 to be the most pleasing. The shading on the bottles give it a great look. The photos of just the front face of the objects are very flat and uninteresting.

I suspect you will have a lot of fun and frustrations when your new lights arrive, but in the end you will likely wind up with much better product photos.

Keep posting.

My issue with these is that the items seem very 2 dimensional. It was obvious to me that the reflections were added in PP. I found #1 to be the most pleasing. The shading on the bottles give it a great look. The photos of just the front face of the objects are very flat and uninteresting.

I suspect you will have a lot of fun and frustrations when your new lights arrive, but in the end you will likely wind up with much better product photos.

Keep posting.
BTW only the two orange and lemon are a little flat bcz the front view
sorry if you have issues with 2 dimensional photos

BTW only the two orange and lemon are a little flat bcz the front view
sorry if you have issues with 2 dimensional photos
No apologies necessary! You did ask for "any other impressions???" in post #7.

The last two images look like something a talented graphic designer could create with no camera necessary. If that was your intent, you've succeeded. A good product photograph (to me) looks more like the actual product and not just the label. You captured this nicely with the first image.

In the future, it would also help to number your images for discussion.

The last two images look like something a talented graphic designer could create with no camera necessary.

Those could be made by using a high-quality scanner to produce an image of the product and then by throwing the image file into Photoshop and adding the background and reflection. Indeed, it's probably more difficult to make an image in that style using a camera, which attests to the skills of the photographer.

Those could be made by using a high-quality scanner to produce an image of the product and then by throwing the image file into Photoshop and adding the background and reflection. Indeed, it's probably more difficult to make an image in that style using a camera, which attests to the skills of the photographer.
True, but what are the last two photos? They are not a shot of the product or the label on the product. How is this product photography? They look like a graphic design. Perhaps a photo of the side of a box of San Pellegrino?

A quick google shows what I would consider product photography for this product.
no-traditional-sparkling-fruit-beverages-aranciata.jpg

6L._SX425_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_SX425SY436SH20_.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom