PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY

Great examples of professional product photography, Mitch! Both of the last two images, especially the bottom one with the bottle of Aranciata, instantly capture my interest and make me want to jump in the car and go to the store and buy some of that right now, as it looks so delicious, cool and refreshing -- perfect for warm summer days and evenings! I daresay that's the goal of the marketing department, to stimulate and promote curiosity and excitement about the product.....

True, but what are the last two photos?

My guess is that you might not have read my post #12 or at least didn't remember the details where I recommended displaying multiple sides of the object in the photo.

Even so, keep in mind that there are different kinds of product photography. One type used a lot on Amazon shows just a very simple image of the product with no context. A second basic type includes nothing but the product but displayed in a fairly stylized image. The third basic type includes other supporting items in the image, such as the images you found. The client chooses which type or types are to be made.

For an example of the second type selected by San Pellegriono: https://www.sanpellegrino.com/us/en/s-pellegrino-can

Last edited:
True, but what are the last two photos? They are not a shot of the product or the label on the product. How is this product photography?

Apologies that I forgot to answer those questions. It's apparent to me by reading the details in the images that they are photos of a box containing or intended to contain 6 cans of the product. The issue for me is that one has to take the time to read those details to come to that understanding, whereas if the photo had displayed at least two sides and preferably three sides, the viewer would instantly know it's a box. Having said that, the OP did explain that s/he was only practicing certrain technical details of making the photos.

Last edited:
My guess is that you probably didn't read my post #12.

Even so, keep in mind that there are different kinds of product photography. One type used a lot on Amazon shows just a very simple image of the product with no context. A second basic type includes nothing but the product but displayed in a fairly stylized image. The third basic type includes other supporting items in the image, such as the images you found. The client chooses which type or types are to be made.

For an example of the second type: https://www.sanpellegrino.com/us/en/s-pellegrino-can

Mike, I always read your posts!

My guess is that you might not have read my post #12 or at least didn't remember the details where I recommended displaying multiple sides of the object in the photo.

For an example of the second type selected by San Pellegriono: https://www.sanpellegrino.com/us/en/s-pellegrino-can
The reflection on Sanpellegrino website, the slim can, is soooo wrong. LOL

Crest.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Bulova00.jpg
Loccitanedouche.jpg
Razor.jpg

Bluechanel.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom