Production stills, and full manual...

Well as some of you know, I have been doing production stills for a small independent film over the past month.

Went really well and made a lot of contacts. BUT more important then that, I was by the end, shooting in full manual and Loving it!

Being able to control both aperture and shutter speed with the twitch of the thumb is so amazing! This is one of the shots of a bathroom scene.

Shot Full manual, Lighting was the video hot lights, gelled a little blue since the room was pure white..
ISO 800
f/4.0
55-200 VR lens at 55

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0105 by Thezaphod042, on Flickr

Thanks for look and feel free to comment...

Welcome! Shooting in full manual will cut down on your post processing time, and help you truly understand your camera 100x better than you ever did before.

It also allows you so much creativity. Often times there are 3-4 different ways to get the right exposure, but sometimes you want a shallow depth of focus, or a deep depth of focus, or a grainy/noisy look, or you want to purposefully under-expose. This gives you the ability to do that.

Cool image, too!

I always shoot in Manual!! Welcome to the world of controlling all of your settings my working Manual!! :) It will become 2nd nature to you!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom