Productive stop coming home from work

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Timeout

Timeout

May 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Another beautiful day in your Neck (Point) of the woods! I love the Cormorant scenic one, what an inspiring sight.

What does the otter have in its mouth, do you know? It looks kinda eel-ish.

2. Sweet shots!! Otters are so neat, and I love the grass shot pure Rory!!!

3. That is some beautiful country and you captured it well Rory

4. What gives, Rory? Looks like some of that Sun stuff. We had some yesterday as well, I think. It's been so long I'm just not sure anymore :biggrin: :biggrin:

You sure did take advantage of it, I'll bet we wouldn't have heard the story it you HADN'T taken your camera now, would we?????

Nice stuff.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow fantastic Rory:>))))))))
    Great show

6. Very nice Rory. Love those times when you are out just for fun and then run into some great subjects when the camera is with you. Looks like you had a great end to the day. I will be happy when my days start and end in the day light again.

7. Now that's what I call a 'stop on the way home'! Wonderful shots and that cormorant photograph is beautiful!!

The sun placement on that immature eagle is perfect :biggrin:

8. Miko - I am not sure. I also saw a GBH catch one of these the other day as well. They look like eels and are about a foot long.

Thanks Andreas! BTW, if I can, do you want me to get you one of the battery containers I showed you, or did you already get one?

It is a beautiful location Gary - I am most fortunate.

Darn right Bill.

Thanks Gale!

Hi Jim - It sure is uplifting to remember we are not mushrooms, going to and from work in the dark all winter.

Hi Sandi. I think the immature eagle is one of my best. It looks particularily good on a large monitor. There is no cropping from top to bottom.

----------

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting!

9. Very nice series Rory. Looks like you made the right decision. The Otter shots are sweet.

Louie

10. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Rory, it may be a Pacific lamprey. They should be migrating to spawning rivers in your area about this time.

11. Thanks Steve. That sounds right. I will check with some local expertise.

12. I don't get to many otter opportunities, so I was pretty happy about this one!