Productive stop coming home from work

I stopped by a marine park just below where I live. I was planning on a short walk, and at the last minute decided to lug my camera along. I'm glad I did.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 88392

View attachment 88393

View attachment 88394

View attachment 88395

View attachment 88396

View attachment 88397

Another beautiful day in your Neck (Point) of the woods! I love the Cormorant scenic one, what an inspiring sight.

What does the otter have in its mouth, do you know? It looks kinda eel-ish.

What gives, Rory? Looks like some of that Sun stuff. We had some yesterday as well, I think. It's been so long I'm just not sure anymore :biggrin: :biggrin:

You sure did take advantage of it, I'll bet we wouldn't have heard the story it you HADN'T taken your camera now, would we?????

Nice stuff.

Very nice Rory. Love those times when you are out just for fun and then run into some great subjects when the camera is with you. Looks like you had a great end to the day. I will be happy when my days start and end in the day light again.

Now that's what I call a 'stop on the way home'! Wonderful shots and that cormorant photograph is beautiful!!

The sun placement on that immature eagle is perfect :biggrin:

What does the otter have in its mouth, do you know? It looks kinda eel-ish.
Miko - I am not sure. I also saw a GBH catch one of these the other day as well. They look like eels and are about a foot long.

Sweet shots!! Otters are so neat, and I love the grass shot pure Rory!!!
Thanks Andreas! BTW, if I can, do you want me to get you one of the battery containers I showed you, or did you already get one?

That is some beautiful country and you captured it well Rory
It is a beautiful location Gary - I am most fortunate.

You sure did take advantage of it, I'll bet we wouldn't have heard the story it you HADN'T taken your camera now, would we?????
Darn right Bill.

Wow fantastic Rory:>))))))))
Great show
Thanks Gale!

Very nice Rory. Love those times when you are out just for fun and then run into some great subjects when the camera is with you. Looks like you had a great end to the day. I will be happy when my days start and end in the day light again.
Hi Jim - It sure is uplifting to remember we are not mushrooms, going to and from work in the dark all winter.

Now that's what I call a 'stop on the way home'! Wonderful shots and that cormorant photograph is beautiful!!

The sun placement on that immature eagle is perfect :biggrin:
Hi Sandi. I think the immature eagle is one of my best. It looks particularily good on a large monitor. There is no cropping from top to bottom.

----------

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting!

Miko - I am not sure. I also saw a GBH catch one of these the other day as well. They look like eels and are about a foot long.
Rory, it may be a Pacific lamprey. They should be migrating to spawning rivers in your area about this time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom