Profile of my Father

G

Gr8Tr1x

I had my Dad sit for me for a minute today while he was here for Easter dinner.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and a more traditional portrait.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Joshua.. #2 is a great image................ and i like it!

But.. #1........... oh my God............. it doesn't get any better my friend!

This one shows so much of his character and everything about this photographs screams quality.

He is one man I'd love to meet........... and you have conveyed that interest in him in your portrait.

Astounding image! :eek: :eek: :eek:

G

G

Gr8Tr1x

Thanks Graeme, reading that brings a smile to my face, because he is a great guy and I'm glad to know him.

Joshua.. #2 is a great image................ and i like it!

But.. #1........... oh my God............. it doesn't get any better my friend!

This one shows so much of his character and everything about this photographs screams quality.

He is one man I'd love to meet........... and you have conveyed that interest in him in your portrait.

Astounding image! :eek: :eek: :eek:

G

AJD

The B&W image is wonderful. This is why the B&W format will never die. Sometimes less is more. Color can get in the way at times.

R

RForshey

I like the B&W the best as well Joshua. The color one is nice, but it appears you "softened" it a bit, I would rather see the texture. On a man, far more interesting.. Nice work! Jeez, how old are you? Your father looks about my age!

G

Gr8Tr1x

Thank you all. I agree, the first one, to me, is the most interesting. I knew that he would be a good sport to let me try some new lighting on him. Thanks for the comments.

Good shots there. #2 is not for me. I prefer to pull the detail of the face and maintain for older gentlemen. Looks like you hit up with woody's technique and to me that is only best on women.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Good shots there. #2 is not for me. I prefer to pull the detail of the face and maintain for older gentlemen. Looks like you hit up with woody's technique and to me that is only best on women.
I edited it with a bolder look.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom