Profiled my monitor what now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jgrove, Nov 10, 2005.

1. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Ok so i profiled my monitor today with the ColorPlus device. What happens now?

I assume now that as long as i assign the profile to images when i save them when ever i view them on another screen the colours will be the same?

I seem to always get myself in a muddle with this colour matching lark...marks my eyes go funny! :Mysteriou

Any explainations welcome,

Thanks

2. All that profiling your monitor does is adjusts your monitor to show colors properly and everyone else with a profiled monitor will see exactly what you see. Profiling a monitor has nothing to do with anything other than your monitor.

In theory, what you now see on your monitor are correct colors. Now you have to get your printer to print exactly the colors you see on your monitor and will have achieved photographic nirvana.

Good luck (c:

Woody

3. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    I always send my digital shots away via the net for printing, sometimes i use there profile in the images (Fuji ones) but the main lab i use ignores the profile, so i suppose the results could be hit and miss. But my monitor seems a lot more balanced now at least, which is a good start..i think!

4. The whole reason for profiling is to get every monitor to display colors the same and every printer to print colors the same.

I theory, you should be able to photograph a color swatch card and it should look perfect on any profiled monitor and print identical on any profiled printer.

However, in the real world this rarely happens.

5. Don't forget James, you need to recalibrate every two weeks or so. That was the advice that was given to me.