Profoto Air Sync

I picked up a single used unit, which on the face of it, seems to work fine, though not having a second unit I can't actually confirm that it does work.

This is the triggering only transceiver unit, rather than the dedicated to Profoto Air Remote system.

If it weren't for the fact that the single units go for $216 new, I think I would just splurge on another one. What I am wondering is, are there any other units on the market which 'just happen to' use exactly the same frequencies?

The Profoto Air Sync operates at 2.4 GHz as do the Alien Bee CyberSync's and the YongNuo RF-602. And there are some others as well. Pocket Wizards operate at 344 MHz. Also, some Profoto packs have Pocket Wizard receivers built in, in addition to the Air Remote system.

Real Name
Mike
I'm curious why you would buy half of a remote system. I doubt you will find a different remote that will work with the Profoto Air Sync, regardless of the frequency match. Even the Yongnuo RF-60X series remotes are not compatible with each other, and they use the 2.4GHz band.

I'm curious why you would buy half of a remote system. I doubt you will find a different remote that will work with the Profoto Air Sync, regardless of the frequency match. Even the Yongnuo RF-60X series remotes are not compatible with each other, and they use the 2.4GHz band.
I kinda thought that. Although the band is the same, the remotes would be unlikely to talk to each other, or at least in the same language. Still, worth asking in the possible event that another maker had simply cloned the Profoto unit.

Impulse purchase really....

Top Bottom