Prom Night - daughter by window light

Discussion in 'People' started by Henry Goh, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Shot this last evening with a D100 and 60mm macro lens a few mintues before she keft the house. What a bothersome dad she must think to herself...

2. I think she will not think that Henry. I think when she sees the photo. What a wonderfull photo. You have really beautifull daughter. The 60mm is very sharp lens. For portraits it is useable but it will not be apreciated by woman with facial flaws. The lens is so sharp that every thing in the face will be shown good or bad.

So this photo is the result of a 60mm portrait then she is a beautifull woman. I hope she had great prom night.

3. Daddies are allowed to be proud Henry. You are rightfully so: beautiful portrait of a lovely young lady.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice. Pretty daughter :>))

Fix up the back ground a bit ...Print and Hang :>))

5. Well Henry, that's what daddies are for. Being proud and taking pictures is what daddies are all about. Beautiful daughter and nice image.

6. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Thank you guys for your kind words

Henry

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh Henry, what a great photo! The window light is very wonderful, and you have composed her in her own environment with just enough detail showing that we get the feeling that she's really there! Plus, the catchlight reflections through the window bring their own magic to her lovely eyes.

Thanks for posting this!

8. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Henry, our eyes give us away. Her left eye is saying "OK Dad, enough, must we?"
    The other one is saying, "He's doing this because he really cares and is proud of me."

There's a magic bond between a Father and Daughter, one I'm really enjoying, and have done for th epast 32 years.:smile:

9. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Hi Chris

Thank you for looking in. Yes, I love window light and use it whenever I can although I have 6 strobes heads sitting in the studio. Nothing beats natural light.

Henry

10. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Hey Rob

Yeah I know what you mean. 18 years ago, I started photographing her when she was about six months old and man, the changes I see each time I frame her in my viewfinder.

Thanks Rob.

Henry

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Real nice job on the shot, and a beautiful young lady she is. I'm curious, why couldn't you have the studio all set up so you could pull her in there for a few quick shots?

12. Beautiful girl, and beautiful photo.

Thanks a lot.

13. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Dear Steven,

I regreting my laziness. The studio has been temporarily configured to shoot jewelry and so all the stands, lights are parked around my product shooting table somewhat like a light tent arrangement. I was too busy for the past week bending over small objects and that has gotten my back aching so I became lazy and did not want to re-configure the studio for portraiture. I'm sort of kicking myself right now.

BTW, I noticed you have sold your D2X, or is it just one of them?

Henry

14. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Hello Phil,

Thank you. I think all young girls are pretty until life takes a toll on them. I hope she will have a good and happy life and stay pretty.

Henry

15. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I hear you about back pain, I live with it every day, so I can emphathise with you there. And, btw, no, I only sold one of the X's, replacing it with an Hs, but definitely keeping the other X!

16. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Dear Steven,

Looking at the sample thus far, I think you should get yourself ready for a D200. My feel is that Nikon has invested plenty of time in this camera. It is going to be what the D100 was when D1X was the high end model. In other words, the image will not be less than that from a D2X but priced much lower. In fact, noise charactristics at ISO 1600 seems better than D2X. For studio, I think so long as we get clean files at ISO400 to 800, all will be fine.

Jono Slack is already advertising to sell his D2X, if you have not seen his post.

Henry

17. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Henry

I love the shot - beautiful shot of a beautiful daughter.

You are right to take pictures and be proud - it what we dads are there for........amongst everything else!!!

Very best wishes

Ray

18. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Beautiful portrait.