Promotional photo from todays shoot

Discussion in 'People' started by StrongSportsPhotos, Apr 22, 2007.

1. The club I do part time work in asked me to create a flyer promoting the fact that they now sell Pizza. Ok, I can handle this! I was supposed to shoot 3 Waitresses lined up, but 2 didn't show. I had to do some major improvising with one girl left, so I moved the shoot into a room with 2 Alienbees 800 strobes. The wooden shelves behind her usually have books and wine bottles on them, so I cleared that off and put the non-distracting fake plants in place just as filler.

For techies, the main light (with 5' octodome) is front and a little to her right. The second light is to her back/left with an Alienbee large softbox. I shot the D200 with "The Beast" (28-70mm 2.8) firing the strobes with Pocketwizards.

http://strongdigitalart.smugmug.com/gallery/2747032/1/145973949#145973949-O-LB

Enjoy!

John

2. Very appetizing... the pizza of course! :rolleyes::smile: Nicely done, they should be pleased with your work.

3. Marcos

Marcos

Nov 20, 2005
    FL, USA.
    Pizza!!

What was the promotion about ??

Very nice job...lol

4. Great shot...very nice lighting.

5. They don't serve Pizza like that out here. Well done.

6. LMFS

LMFS Guest

Looks good, nice girl & pizza!

7. It worked very well with 1!

8. Wow...do they deliver?? Great shot!

9. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    ...30 seconds, er, I mean...minutes or less. Guaranteed. :biggrin:

How about take-out?

All kidding aside, it's a nice portrait, nice lighting, lovely lady. Good work!!

10. Thanks for the compliments and comments everyone. It really was a challenge trying to "re-write" my photoshoot at the last moment since those 2 girls didn't show.

During the shoot, I couldn't get the look on her face that I wanted. She did various "cheese" (no pun intended) smiles and serious looks, none of which worked. I was joking around while adjusting the lighting at one point and she laughed. I saw her face when she laughed and it was the perfect smile. I pointed to her and said "WHOA, thats it! Thats the look I want!" So, during the shoot, I acted like a goofball to get her to laugh and the photo you saw was the last one we shot.

Hey, it got the look I wanted for the shot! The GM of the club is VERY happy and so am I. :biggrin:

John

11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

looks pretty yummy 2me:tongue:

12. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    I didn't see any pizza, guess I have to go take a fifth look???

13. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

I want some pizza now...

good shot..

14. Cutlass454

Cutlass454

Nov 29, 2006
    I agree also, but I'm only on my 3rd look. :smile:

15. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Nice shot. So in all seriousness, they servers dress like this regularly?

16. Broyer

Broyer

Apr 26, 2006
    North Carolina
    Great shot and if I may offer some CC on the pose.

Perhaps having her hold the single slice, closer to the camera, as if to offer it?

Nice lighting and thanks for sharing that part too.