Promotional photo from todays shoot

The club I do part time work in asked me to create a flyer promoting the fact that they now sell Pizza. Ok, I can handle this! I was supposed to shoot 3 Waitresses lined up, but 2 didn't show. I had to do some major improvising with one girl left, so I moved the shoot into a room with 2 Alienbees 800 strobes. The wooden shelves behind her usually have books and wine bottles on them, so I cleared that off and put the non-distracting fake plants in place just as filler.

For techies, the main light (with 5' octodome) is front and a little to her right. The second light is to her back/left with an Alienbee large softbox. I shot the D200 with "The Beast" (28-70mm 2.8) firing the strobes with Pocketwizards.

http://strongdigitalart.smugmug.com/gallery/2747032/1/145973949#145973949-O-LB

Enjoy!

John

Thanks for the compliments and comments everyone. It really was a challenge trying to "re-write" my photoshoot at the last moment since those 2 girls didn't show.

During the shoot, I couldn't get the look on her face that I wanted. She did various "cheese" (no pun intended) smiles and serious looks, none of which worked. I was joking around while adjusting the lighting at one point and she laughed. I saw her face when she laughed and it was the perfect smile. I pointed to her and said "WHOA, thats it! Thats the look I want!" So, during the shoot, I acted like a goofball to get her to laugh and the photo you saw was the last one we shot.

Hey, it got the look I wanted for the shot! The GM of the club is VERY happy and so am I. :biggrin:

John

G

Gr8Tr1x

Nice shot. So in all seriousness, they servers dress like this regularly?

Great shot and if I may offer some CC on the pose.

Perhaps having her hold the single slice, closer to the camera, as if to offer it?

Nice lighting and thanks for sharing that part too.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom