Pronghorn and White tail

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Oct 23, 2005.

1. during my drive yesterday about 5 hours south of me, got an opportunity to photography some antelope, they are usually much more photographic at times, but hunting season opened this week, so by the time you slowed down either they were running 55mph or already on the move, then again, cant blame them...........

the whitetail was hiding behind this big cottonwood and I only had this little triangle to try and focus through.........actually drove right by and backed up to try and find a good angle, and she wasnt moving, frozen except the odd ear flick. Most of the grass was taller than her...........I thought it was a pretty cool shot.

All shot with the H + 500mm af-s out the window once again..........got to buy a bean bag or something to rest on glass instead of handshooting.........I would think that would work much better........

original. View attachment 17277 View attachment 17278 View attachment 17279

2. Very nice Keith. We were fortunate to see some Antelope on our recent trip to the tetons. They are sure fun to watch. They can run real fast also.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I really like the 2 of the White Tail... Great shots Keith.

4. once again very nice images!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I can see the avatar now..Peek-a Boo Deer :>))

Great images Keith.

thanks for sharing.

6. Excellent series Keith! I really love the third one... was she playing "hide 'n' seek" with you??? :biggrin:

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Have to agree with Panos. I like all of these shots, but my favorite has to be #3. Pee-a-boo Antelope. :biggrin:

8. Its amazing how fast they can run. LOL.............going to give it another try, they are very curious animals.........just have to wait another week until hunting season is over and they calm down a bit :wink:

9. Thanks, Im just printing one as we speak........like the subtle colors and composition, wish that branch at the bottom wasnt so dark, a bit distracting

10. LMAO!!!!!!! never even thought of that, might have to give it a go when I get tired of the bear...........thanks for stimulating the ol' brain!!! LOL

11. LOL!!!! No she was playing frozen statue! figured if she didnt move, couldnt see her.....

12. LOL.........got me on that one Frank, dont think I have ever seen them in tall grass, they like to be see in all directions, but nothing a little photoshoping cant fix :biggrin:

13. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Love the way you've shot the Antelope.
    and also like the color and look of the deer.

14. appreciate the kind comments Ben!!! hope all is well

15. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Since 1996, traveling to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons every single year, this was the FIRST that we got decent photos of Antelope. It was also the first time that we spent as much as we did up by Slough Creek (where the Slough Creek Wolf Pack is located).

Nice shots of the Antelope. Glad you caught them. They ARE the fastest North American land animals, afterall (they are, right??).

-JM

16. :smile: I believe you are correct! Thanks for looking, feel free to share your pics, these were heavily cropped so would like to see some nice pics, they are a beautiful animal!

17. Keith
    Very nice love the lope shots they are such interesting animals and of course I always liek a good shot fo deer. SO where is the X giving it a rest?

18. No had the D2x with me, but dont think I would have pulled off the shots hand holding the 500mm af-s :biggrin: I just picked up a pristine H I could not turn down with only 500 actuations and 2 1/2 yrs of cdn warranty left. Wont be keeping both so going to play more and see what I end up with. LOL!!!! I have to remember this is only a hobby but you know what that is like................Hope all is well Mike!

19. Keith

My vote goes for the third one as well. Just a little cloning would turn it into a killer shot.

20. Love shot #3. Pretty impressive handheld!!