Proshow gold and an iTunes song??

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by BostonRott, Jul 3, 2007.

1. We attended the wedding of a very good friend this past weekend and I shot a lot of pictures. I have Proshow Gold (recently purchased and not really played with yet) and would like to make a slideshow with music for the couple.

He is in a band, they have a song that can be downloaded for free from iTunes. Is there a way to download to iTunes and then use in Proshow? I have not yet tried to make a slideshow, but wasn't sure if an iTunes song would work (in terms of format).

I'm rather uneducated when it comes to sound files as I have little use for them and don't really understand all the different formats and what is (or is not) compatible.

Thanks for your help! :smile:

2. It will work in iDVD if you have a Mac. I have not used pro show gold but it may work there too. If it allowas you to select media, scan your choices from there.

3. I'm working on a PC, but will try some more playing around. :smile:

4. I don't know anything about iTunes, but unless Apple uses some kind of oddball proprietary format, you should be able to use the files in ProShow. Here's a free audio editor in case you need to get into converting formats (assuming the iTunes files can be read at all):

Audacity

5. mdupont

mdupont

Jun 12, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    The only way I was able to get around the itunes format was to burn it to a cd and then copy back to another directory. Then proshowgold was able to recognize the format. I ended up getting a cd that you can rerwite to for this.

Mike

6. Thank you Mike! I will try that. :smile:

Unfortunately, iTunes is apparently the only place the band's song is uploaded, so I can't look for it elsewhere. :redface:

7. If he has the song on itunes, can you not just buy the cd? That way you can have the song hastle free, and support an artist at the same time.

Just a thought.:redface:

8. About the only way is to burn the track to an audio CD, then using any good cd 'ripper' convert the CD music file to whatever format you want. You will lose a bit of quality but for most things like this you will hardly notice.

Of course you may need to have permission to use this file in a presentation etc. :wink:

9. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    iTunes downloads all its songs in AAC format. There is an option in iTunes to tell it to convert the song to mp3 format. It won't work for purchased music that has copyright protection. I don't know how it treats free songs you download from iTunes. ProShow Gold works with mp3 files, but not with Apple's AAC files.

10. Gertchen,
    I do this all the time. The files downloaded from the itunes store will be in ACC protected format. the only way to modify that is to burn the song(s) to a cd & then import them back into iTunes. Proshow Gold does not work with the Aplle ACC format whether it's protected or not. Therefore when you import the songs back into iTunes you can import them in a MP3 format. That's an iTunes option. if you import them back in as an ACC format then iTunes also has the ability to convert an ACC format (unprotected) into an MP3 format.
    You will love Pro Show Gold. it's the best out there for creating slideshows. I just wish it was compatible with my Mac that way i wouldn't need to keep my Windows PC around or have to mess with Parralells on my Mac.