Protesting the Iraq war

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Sanford504, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    tried to upload image, without any success.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  2. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    no pic?

3. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    ugh, okay, next time "preview" before you "post", this way you'll see it's not working

4. is your image stored somewhere online?
    you can't upload them directly here

you must have your image stored somewhere else and link it here

5. ok
    give me a link to your site.... where your photos are kept and i'll see what i can do

6. remember
    find the image online you want to link here
    OPEN it
    left click on the image
    right click on PROPERTIES
    copy the URL
    and paste it as XXX.....

[​IMG]

7. and.... you aren't BRAIN DEAD...
    once you figure it out.... you'll be teaching others in NO TIME.... i promise

we all learned the same way around here... i promise

8. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    photobucket is the easiest thing EVER

when you're viewing your gallery simply click the "IMG code" under the pic you want to display

it will look like this (note the "copied")
    [​IMG]

now just come to the cafe and PASTE it in, you dont even need to worry about IMG tags, and certainly you know how to copy and paste

here I go, just pushing paste and voila
    pizzas.jpg

9. I just clicked "quote" for your initial post just to see what you might have linked to. There is no link at all to anything. You have to actually copy and paste the link for the photo into your message with [ IMG] [ /IMG] (no space) tags on either end. As shown above, every image in your photobucket account will have the exact link you need to copy and paste into your thread. It's the link with IMG beside it as shown above.

10. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    and from photobucket you dont even need to copy it

you just click the "IMG Code" button and it automatically copies it to your clipboard and you just have to use the paste command

11. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    posting

DSC_4918.gif

Thank you thank you thank you!!! It looks like I've finally made a breakthrough in my dwindling mind!

12. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    DSC_4911.gif
    Now I just have to learn how to post multiple images.

13. Wow. What a car.

I wonder if the owner did the paint job himself or if he had someone do it for him? It is an interesting concept.

14. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL

Im here for you man

when viewing an album in photobucket, click the boxes of the photos you want to share, as shown below, then click "generate html and img code" (also shown in the pic)

[​IMG]

when you click "generate html and img code" you will see this, this works for several different things, for the cafe you will want the "img images for message boards" section

you just need to click any part of the box and it will automatically copy everything, you dont even need to use Ctrl+C, just click it normally

[​IMG]

now come to the cafe and hit Ctrl + V to paste and you've got multiple images all copied and pasted with ONE CLICK

if you'd rather have clickable thumbnails you can see the box to click for that is right above the one that I have the red box around

15. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Posting Photos

Hi folks, I can't thank you enough for all the help and patient coaching you've provided. :smile: You given this "old man's" sanity and confidence back. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
  17. Wow- so many names. So very sad.