Prothonotary Warbler in Blossoms

A friend and I went to NE Ohio/NW New York state for a 2 day bird photography blitz a few weeks ago. This is one of my two favorite images from that trip. Very little pp'g to it except for cloning out of a small stubby branch along side the bird's leg. As always, C&C welcomed.

Gary

_DSC4516Prothonotary1Ver2CLONDFINRECLOND.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hmmm....agree. I don't like cloning out big chuncks of a picture but you both have a good point about that leaf. Thanks!

I knew when I saw the title it was gonna be good but I didnt expect it to be AMAZING. Great shot. Another vote for the leaf removal.

I did a quick cloning job but didn't quite like the results so I will try it again. The reason I try not to get into cloning, if possible, is for those who compete in PSA competitions, cloning out things is not permitted, so depending upon your "audience", you can be as creative or restrictive as you want or need to be. I agree that the leaf is a distracting element and will make up a version w/o out it. Thanks to all who pointed that out - we sometimes "fall in love" with our images and are often blind to their shortcomings. Thanks again for the constructive - emphasis on that word - criticism.

Gary

Wow. Spectacular image. The leaf is real and doesn't bother me a bit. Rather have a distracting leaf than too much PP. What was your ISO on this shot?

I did a quick cloning job but didn't quite like the results so I will try it again. The reason I try not to get into cloning, if possible, is for those who compete in PSA competitions, cloning out things is not permitted, so depending upon your "audience", you can be as creative or restrictive as you want or need to be. I agree that the leaf is a distracting element and will make up a version w/o out it. Thanks to all who pointed that out - we sometimes "fall in love" with our images and are often blind to their shortcomings. Thanks again for the constructive - emphasis on that word - criticism.

Gary

Gary:

Good approach. I run an annual photo competition for our local camera club and nature museum; we try to follow these same rules, but we allow a separate category of entries called "creative interpretation" where more "photoshopping" is permitted. Best,

Peter

To answer the question on the ISO, it was 250. Off for a 20th anniversary vacation with my wife - see you all later!

Gary

Latest threads

Top Bottom