Proud mother on Mothers Day

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, May 8, 2005.

1. the Sandhills were in the marsh about 50-60 feet away. Of course, as we were leaving to take Mr. Boogerman home, they came out in the perfect golden hour light to feed on the grass. Had to miss that one, darn.

If you look at the bottom, you can see the chicks. This is a portrait crop from a landscape shot, the adult took up almost the whole frame top to bottom.

original.

2. Im starting to think your the mother, start going down and feeding them every morning and every evening, your pets. LOL!!! Nice capture once again, you have this down pat! ;-)

3. Look how sharp that eye is! Nice!! These are one of my favorite birds. The red crown is so pretty.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Harris,

The light is wonderful.

Thank you for sharing

5. Harris, the light is really nice. The bird's eye strikes me. Sharp and well exposed picture. Thanks for sharing

6. Nice light and sharp as a tack!!! She may be 50 or 60 feet away Harris, but she certainly has her eye on you to see what your doing - although by now you'd think she was getting used to you.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Yeah, rub it in Harris. :lol:

Excellent capture.

8. Saw them on the way to work today Frank. They're wondering when you're going to come and take some photos of them. They said no flight shots from them, as they have young to tend to. :D

9. Wonderful natural lighting in your shot Harris!! :D :D :D :D

10. I can't see the clear plastic tie where you have this guy staked down. You obviously have this down to a science. Well done.

11. Thanks Gordon, Bryan and Frank. I use fishing line, invisible to the lens.

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I actually like the way the babies are obscured

in the scene. Looks very natural that way, plus, you can still see them just fine. Nice shot neighbor! ;)

13. Re: I actually like the way the babies are obscured

You know, in winter, they dont have these little ones here. Perhaps you may have to come down during this season to capture some? :D

14. Outstanding, Harris. I think you are lucky to get to work on these models all year round.

Regards,

Paul

15. Thanks Paul, so when you gonna come down so we can get you in front of some of these models. :D