PS ACTIONS

I was wondering what kind of PS action do you guys use for your photography need
Use a great number of actions in PS when processing images. Signatures, sizing and converting to jpg, creating D&B layers with helper layers, different color grading and atmosphere, frequency seperation for 8 bit and 16bit images. Probably have at least 100 of which 25 are the most used. Most of the actions are 2-5 layers but do have some that encompass at least 10 layers and go back and adjust each of those 10 layers to produce the feeling that I'm after.

I created some actions to add various styles of tone to monochrome images but It has been a long time since I've used them. Instead, I use the toning presets in Silver Efex Pro either by fine tuning them or using them as is.

Last edited:
I write an action for anything I do routinely. I have more than 100 in several groups.
Flatening an image, saving it in two sizes with different appropriate sharpening- a large tiff and a small jpg- all with one click, just as an example.
Many of my black and white looks, warming or cooling an image- actions. I even use an action to dodge and burn.
I often make a couple of actions just for a group of images I am working on, then erase when I am done.
Saves a ton of time- especially when you can batch.
Easy, once you get the hang of it.
gary

I write an action for anything I do routinely. I have more than 100 in several groups.
Flatening an image, saving it in two sizes with different appropriate sharpening- a large tiff and a small jpg- all with one click, just as an example.
Many of my black and white looks, warming or cooling an image- actions. I even use an action to dodge and burn.
I often make a couple of actions just for a group of images I am working on, then erase when I am done.
Saves a ton of time- especially when you can batch.
Easy, once you get the hang of it.
gary
Do the same, Use an action to create a Dodge (curve) and a seperate Burn curve and then couple of helper layers and place them all in a group. So much easier to just run the action instead of creating 4 separate curve layers , modifying the curves and then place in a group, with the action, one click creates the 4 layers and then place them all in a group. Also have actions to take the processed Tiff, save it and then resize, convert colorspace to srgb and save as jpg. Once you play with the process so much of a timesaver.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom