PSCS error with d2x files

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by PGB, May 19, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Installed fresh copy of pscs on my new computer and updated the camera raw plugin. I can view my d2x files with the browser of CS but not open them. When I open them I get this message.

[​IMG]

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

2. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Did you install the new raw plugin into the correct folder as it is different to that of previous versions of PS. Check in the PDF that came with the plugin.

Cheers

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I installed in the file formats folder of the plugin folder. It replaced the old Raw plugin.

Thanks,

4. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    It should be installed into this directory. If thats where you put it and it still doesnt work, try opening a diffent NEF file from another model of camera.

If not open Adobe Bridge and clear the cache see if that helps. Apart from that i think you need to post in the Adobe RAW Support Froums on the adobe.com site

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS2\File Formats

Hope you can fix it!

Cheers

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I have a Mac so ... :roll:

Check the installation notes. PSCS2 required that I put it into a different location. ACR 3.1 was the only plugin in that location (libraries:application support: adobe:cs2:plugins:file formats: I think.) Of course I'd expect the Windows version to be different, but it probably doesn't go where it seems it should.

Oh there was a copy of ACR3.0 in the usual spot, but another one in the libraries folder.

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Ok. I don't have CS2. I don't know why i said i did. I was looking at the upgrade earlier. Must have been an ID10T error on my part. Still having issues with PSCS and the raw files.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    New plug in does not work on CS1.....need elements 3 or CS2

:<(((((((((

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Patrick, So get CS2 already. ;)

If you want to stay with CS1, you can get the new DNG converter, save all your D2x NEFs as DNGs, then open them with CS1.

Cause like Gale sez, CS1 won't open D2x nefs, now way, no how.

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Looks like I will need to get CS2 at some point. BLAH! i should have RTFM more carefully.

Thanks everyone.

10. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I just came across the same issue. So I ordered CS2. Which I guess is exactly what Adobe intended . . . . :evil:

It's pretty bad that they didn't update ACR for CS1. It's not exactly old software.

11. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Presumably, Nikon Capture 4.2.1 opens them OK?

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    At first I felt the same way - just a method to get a hundred and fifty of my bucks - BUT, it turns out I very much like some of the new stuff. Smart sharpen saved my behind on a shoot last Friday. It's nearly paid for itself now. :)

13. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    For real. I haven't had CS1 all that long. I was pissed for a minute then calmed down and went back to what I know, Capture :)

I'm a capitalist but damn, this is crazy.