PSCS Panorama help needed

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by super_rep, Mar 2, 2005.

1. I want to make a panorama lampshade from this photo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ChetParks/2003 Alaska Trip/4-Bernard-Lake-pano2.jpg

I found the following tutorial on how to do it, but somewhere I'm missing something and not having any luck. Hopefully one of you is a PhotoShop user who understands this stuff.

http://www.philohome.com/lampshade/lampshade.htm

Has anyone ever done this? If so please let me know. I'd sure like to make some of these and use them on the lamps in our motorhome.

Thanks,

Chet

2. Hi Chet,

I can help you on this but I will need some time to do the calculations and resize the panarama so that it would fit around the lampshade. Also I would need the size of the lampshade. The length and width that you want to put this on.

One more thing, can you email me the pictures so I can put them together myself so that when I calculate the size, I can put them together in that size.

It's sounds more difficult than it is because of the math involved but nothing that can't be done with a fine out of date calculator. LOL...

When I'm finished I will email it back to you and tell what I did to put this all together for you and how to finish it up.

Melissa

3. Hi Melissa,

Here's the information on the pano. The original pano, which I made with AUTOSTICH (see www.autostitch.net --free download) was made from 9 JPG shots, each was about 2.6 megs. They make a 24meg zip file. The stitched pano is about 13 megs. If you downloaded the Excel worksheet for the calculations, the lambshade measures R1=6.4cm, h=21cm, l=21.5cm, R2=13cm.

Actually the spread sheet does most of the difficult work, I think(?).

Do you want the 9 originals, or the stitched pano.? Can you receive a 25+ meg file, or do I need to break it in to < 10 meg segments?

BTW, if you mess with AutoStitch, you have to change the options from 75% to 100% size, and then be prepaired for it to take about an hour or so (depends on processor speed) to render the pano.

Thanks again for taking a look at this.

Chet

4. Here are a couple of ways to try. Can you zip it for me and try emailing it to my aol address? Here is another address that might allow large files.
    retouchpro@casmaran.com. Another way is if you have a pbase account, try to upload it there which might take a while and then you can delete it from pbase once I download it.

I know for sure AOL can handle 5 mgs but I wouldn't go any higher like 10. It might come back to you.

Try these options and then we can go from there.

One way or another, we will get it to work.

Melissa