1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

PSE-7 instead of cs3?

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by timataeo, Aug 17, 2009.

1. timataeo

timataeo Guest

Right now I have cs3 and LR 2.3. I actually use LR more and more and cs3 less. I basically use cs 3 for manipulation like merging and for some of the filters, like "film grain" etc. I got an offer in my mail for PSE-7 for $79.00 and wonder how many of you use PSE and if you're happy with it. I would just use LR and PSE and forget about CS3.

2. Tim, I think you are best to stick with what you have. You have more power available with CS3 than PSE.

3. NYracefan

NYracefan

Nov 19, 2008
    Highland,NY
    I use PSE7 and am very happy with it, but then again, I have never used any of the more expensive programs so I can not compare them.

4. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Right now I'm using a combination of CS and PSE 7.0. I picked up the Elements package to be able to work with D300 and 700 Raw files. That said, I still prefer CS for most of my processing, given that I can use layer masks with it seamlessly. Yes, I know there are some add-ons for Elements that allow similar features, but for me they still don't work as effortlessly as what is built in to the full version of PS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.