1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

PSE: Printing Question

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by NewBert, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I have started printing, matting and framing some of my favorite images, (Actually, my father is doing the matting and framing) and am striving for a consistent look between the frames/matting. Unfortunately, I've cropped one of my images to a different proportion than all of the others.

I've already saved the image with text at the bottom, and now I don't know how to change the image proportions to match the proportions of my other images. (Note that the paper size is to remain the same, but the saved image needs its propertions adjusted.)

This is difficult to explain, but the following examples may help illustrate what I'm trying to do:

Here's the image that I want to adjust the proportions on:

original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's an image that I want to match its proportions to:

View attachment 226161

I guess what I'm saying is that I want to use the canvas size of image 2, and display image 1 in the same proportion as the image in #2.

I use PSE5 to print, and the problem is that I've already "flattened" the image so everything is on one layer. I could just start from scratch, but I didn't save the adjusted NEF (at least I can't find it) and my efforts at duplicating the look have come up short so far.

So, I was hoping that there was a way to work off the original print's JPG file (Image #1 above). I realize that the image would have to be re-cropped in order to match the proprtions of the image in #2.

Can anyone help me out with this? (I hope that I've explained this adequately....) Whew!

Thanks!

2. Never Mind - Work-around Found

What I really needed to do was simply remove the light border (hard to see in the original post) from the edge of the image. That allowed more flexibility in matting the image within the picture frame.

Although I couldn't remove that border, I was able to finally re-process the image to my liking from scratch and prepare it for printing so that it fit the frame properly.

3. Well you could try using your marque tool and free transform to "stretch" the print to fit the aspect ratio you want. Don't know how successful this will be as I usually keep my stretch or compression to 4% or under. Give it a try and see what you think. You can't exceed 4% with people pictures but you might be able to get away with it for some scenics.

4. Thanks, Gordon.

But I've already worked it out, per my second post.

5. Gotch, I should have read that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.