1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

PTL -> i GOT --------------> IT!!!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Nuteshack, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

first of all -> many thanks to all of u that "stood in there with me":Love:

this really is the camera i've always wanted (course a little we tiny fx range-finder with a handful of fast pancake lens that shoots in the dark -3 would prolly get me salivating, lol).

ok, i don't have a clue what i'm doing with this lovely gizmo and i'm already totally and utterly -> BLOWN AWAY!!!

50 1.4 @1.4, the guy that sold me this fine gizmo (i missed his left eye a touch, user error, ok? i was a bit excited!!!)

2900944642_46247d9870_o.

85 1.4 @1.4, a rose from my neighbor's garden

2900104741_81e16f90e0_o.

85 1.4 @1.4, the obligatory "dumb" high iso shot. at least it's not the cat..lol
    straight from the camera, just re-sized, NO pp!
    1/125's, 6400iso

2900966448_9657ab5e9f_o.
    :Love::Love::Love:

2. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Congrats Nute!

3. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    congrats, you deserve it!

4. what exactly did you get? I'm missing something!

5. That's awesome Nute, congratulations on the D700!

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks so much ..the last few days have been somewhat surreal!

Matt, i "got" in big trouble ..hahahaha!!!

the d700 pal ..one of the finest gizmos on the planet. 35mm film is HIST-OR-E!
    :Love:

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Bill:biggrin:

8. OH!!! Congrats and enjoy!

9. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    Wow congrats, I am envious. I can't wait to see what you capture with it.

10. Yay NUTE! Im so Happy for you! very well deserved, now lets see some of those 85 1.4's shots with this bad boy, stop teasing us please.

11. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Excellent! I luv mine, too.

12. barisaxer

barisaxer

Apr 6, 2006
    Albany OR
    I love mine and the combo with a dx means you have lots of focal lenghts to choose from. Ain't digital fun!!!!
    Enjoy the new toy, well in your hands probably a tool, in mine a toy.

13. Aaargh! You are killing me here. I have the 50 1.4 and the 85mm 1.4 but my new D700 is a mere 170 miles away or somewhere in transit. Hopefully tomorrow.

Does anything else make you feel like a 6 year old at Christmas again more than new Nikon gear?

Enjoy.

14. Congrats, Nute. I can't wait to see what you can do with full frame! :smile: I'll admit I'm a little bit jealous... mine's still some months away at best!

15. Congrats on the new body, Nute. Now get to work. I'm expecting you to elevate your game to new heights.

16. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    I for one am absolutely looking forward to you sharing your excitement and posts with your new tools and old skills.

17. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks much everyone....Frank, u gotta get one pal. then i can call u and learn the dang menu ...ROTFL!
    :wink:

18. Congrats Nute!!! Im sure your wife is happy you didnt get the D3, now she dosent have to clean it for you...:biggrin::biggrin:

19. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Paul ...this is "one" tool she can't touch:eek: . but she weilds a mean broom ..hahahaha
    :biggrin:

20. esseylg

esseylg

Jan 20, 2008
    Aliquippa
    Yeah Nute!!! Congrats... now I'll await your photos and drool, until I can get one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.