1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

PTLens is very good indeed - barrel distortion

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Growltiger, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

I just bought PTLens software and it is really good at automatically fixing barrel distortion in ultrawide angle lenses. (I have the Nikon 10-24 which has barrel distortion at the wide end.)

$25. Stand-alone and Photoshop plug-in.

http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/

(I wrote this first in the Lens Lust forum, but then realised that perhaps this is the correct place.)

2. Ronald M

Ronald M

Nov 10, 2008
    Chicago
    It does indeed work well and corrects wavy line distortion found on the edges of the wide setting of most wide angle zooms. The lens correction in photoshop will correct simple barrel or pincushion, but not the wavy line.

Filter-distort-lens correction is the menue path.

Do not overlook the perspective distortion feature as it works differently from photoshop in that the pivot points are on the center edges rather than corners which helps you loose less picture under certain conditions.

If you have a tiger OS Mac, lens fix does the same thing. With Leopard, PTLens will work.

3. I love PT lens. I use both the lens and perspective distortion features regularly. I think it is about the best $25 I ever spent.

4. ditto this, I use it for my sigma 10-20 mainly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.