Published by the Philly Zoo!!! (Tigers)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Well I met with the art director of the zoo this past weekend and found out my pictures had been selected for three months of their new calender and the cover. I was so thrilled. In addition to this they will be using several of my tiger shots from the last few years for a huge advertising campaign for the opening of the new Big Cat Falls exhibit. I am thrilled to say the least will be neat to see my tigers spread throughout Philadelphia. The tigers have been absent from the zoo since the fall of 2004 as they build there new exhibit. Here are the tiger shots they will be using in the Big Cat Falls ad campaign
    #1 Shot with the D100 and 70-200VR
    original.
    Tiger with Pumpkin shot with D100 and 70-200
    View attachment 20916
    One year old Amur Tiger cub
    View attachment 20917
    Shot with D100 and 70-20
    View attachment 20918
    Playing in the Water
    Shot with the D100 and 70-200 VR
    View attachment 20919
    Amur Tiger Cub
    Shot with D100 and 70-200VR
    View attachment 20920
    Swimming Tiger
    Shot with the D100 and 70-200VR
    View attachment 20921

2. Well, congratulations Mike!! Well deserved! Those of us who frequently see your work posted here shouldn't be the least bit surprised! It's always impeccably done and leaving me with the realization that I have a long way to go. These shots should also speak volumes about the quality of the D100 and 70-200 combo!!

Again, congrats and savor every minute of your accomplishment!

3. Wow Mike congratulations, it's not hard to see why they picked your images to feature these beautiful animals. My favorite is #3. Which of the images will be on the cover??

4. Gordon the tiger with the pumpkin made the cover of the calender. These images will be used in print, magazines and billboards in the Philly area to promote the new exhibit.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Outstanding Mike. Congratulations. I have to agree with the other posters; this is very well deserved. All of these are wonderful, but #3 is awesome. :wink:

6. Just awesome, Mike! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

... and well deserved too. I had not seen these images before: they are fantastic, and I can see why the zoo picked them. I too would have chosen the pumpkin shot for the calendar cover: look at those big eyes! Kudos, it must feel pretty good, huh? :smile:

7. Here is an "Atta Boy" for you. Great pictures and a great honor.

8. Congratulations, Mike! Great job!

These are beautiful shots.

9. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Great shots Mike and congratulations! :smile:

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Big dbl thumbs up for you. Every bit of it well deserved, these image are just outstanding!!

11. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Amazing shots. Great job abd a big congrats on getting published!

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    that is just Wonderful Mike :>))))))))))))))))))

13. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Mike -

Fabulous shots, and congrats on getting in the calendar. I never was successful in getting in touch with anyone at the Zoo, probably because I didn't try very hard. OK - first New Year's resolution - I'm going to get in that calendar for 2006! Now you've inspired me. I'm going to dredge up some of my favorite zoo shots and post them.

Gordon

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Way to go Mikey! Your reward is well deserved. Those are all awesome shots. It really will be neat to see your work plastered all over town!

15. Congratulations Mike on a job well done. You absolutely deserve it. I sure wish I could see them in print.

16. Congratulations Mike!

17. Congrats Mike!! Excellent images too!

18. Wow Mike, that's fantastic! Couldn't happen to a greater guy, and with your obvious skill it's no real shocker for the rest of us. Those are fantastic pictures you have there, I'm sure they are proud to use them.

Out of curiousity -- how did you get connected with them? Did you find them, or did they find you?

19. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    The zoo obviously has great taste!

Very nice shots. If the zoo is selling the calendars, send us some contact information and prices...

20. Mike, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you!! Those tiger photos are awesome, esp. that Swimming Tiger in the green water, wow!! And your photos are definitely going to make everyone want to come and see the big guys. I already want to see them myself !! We do get down to Philadelphia every now and then, so I'll be sure to look for the zoo posters. Do you know when they will be up??