Published!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PGB, Oct 24, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Hey folks. Just thought I would pass along that I had a picture published in a magazine. CQ magazine, a magazine for ham radio enthusiasts.

Well, the bummer is I had to publish myself! :) My business partner bought some advertising in this mag for GigaParts and decided he wanted to use one of my photos for his concept. I'm sure Ryan will be pleased.

Anyway, here is the ad. Sorry for the low res image.

[​IMG]

here is the original photo

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That's my baby in that picture, isn't he just the cutest thing you ever did see?!?! :tongue:

Congrats honey!

3. cool, to be published AND it be your son in the picture, very cool!

4. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Well done Patrick! Nice one. :BigGrin:

Leigh, luckily, and this is just between you and me, your boy takes after you. :wink:
    Don't say anything to Patrick, he'll only get upset. :Sad:

5. Nice, Patrick. I assume you had no problem getting the liability release from the parents!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Congrats! Watch out for those ad agencies, they'll rob you every time!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice one Patrick..

Hummmm sure is a Pretty Radio ...

73's
    WP2AAK here

8. GaryW

GaryW Guest

How much was your son paid for modeling? There are child labor laws, you know!

Good picture.
    Cute kid.

Congratulations.

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    See that balloon? :biggrin: Oh, and a cheeseburger afterwards. Still has a few years before we talk economics and capitalism, so, right now he works cheap.

Thanks everyone. Didn't realize at the time that we would use this shot for anything but our personal enjoyment, it was just a happy time.

Regards,

10. Patrick (and Leigh);

Great shot of your little guy. I'll bet he thinks it's great to have his picture in a magazine.

That takes me back to the days when I was into Ham radio. Still keep my license active, but haven't used a radio for a long time. My son recently got his license, so he uses the radio now.

73's

Brian
    N7EVA

11. Congrats I am sure Ryan will be pleased and asking for his commission of course

12. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I'll bet when he turns 21 he's going to want royalties and back pay.

13. A balloon? A BALLOON?

You hire a top class model and pay him with a balloon?

It'll come back to haunt you, mate, just you wait.

In a few years, when he's pulling in big bucks, he'll be asked about his first assignment and he'll say "all I got from my dad was a load of hot air"!

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Looks good Pat, congrats!

15. The image of your fine looking boy really fits in with this add. Congratulations Patrick, a neat looking add for Giga-Parts.

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

17. Really cool - but be sure to get a model's release - even if it is signed in crayon! *LOL*

18. Patrick, you shameless capitalist! As a grandfather I insist you spoil that boy rotten. For starters, since the ad is for electronics stuff, take him to the nearest Radio Shack and buy him the radio controlled car of his choice....use Leigh's credit card...tell him the gift's from Grandpa Gibson.

:tongue:

19. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Trust me, Rich...Ryan and Ben are already well indulged! If it has anything to do w/Sports or Tool...Ryan is interested in it. If it has anything to do w/Thomas the Tank Engine or any sort of clock, Ben is interested in it. If you want proof, I'll take some pics of their numerous toy boxes!! :tongue: And they have just about every type of ride-on toy you could imagine!!! But maybe a radio controlled car is a good idea....I'll keep that in mind for Christmas!

20. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well done, Patrick...a boy and a firetruck is as American as it gets. Great capture.