Pucker up..

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Sep 10, 2005.

1. I lost my eyecup and I am in the need of new glasses but I still managed a few pictures, the eyecup blocking out the stray light sure makes a difference, especially with the reversed 28.

Spinneret's on a Garden Orb.
    [​IMG]
    Small red dragonfly, second one with tube and reversed 28.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a couple of wasps with the 200 f4 micro and 1.4 tc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you like them, comments and critiques welcome.

Martin

2. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I am impressed! wonderful detail. I find them fascinating to look at. :smile:

Roosje

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Holy Cow Martin!! These are awesome. So what happened to the eye cup?

4. Very nice, as usual Martin....great lighting/exposure :smile:

5. Have to go to bathroom and rinse my eyes, then have a look again to see if this is real.
    Martin, you have outdone yourself. Absolutely marvellous job, especially the spinnerets are mind-boggling.
    Cheers

6. Thanks Roosje, glad you liked them, the details can make them interesting.

Martin

7. Thanks Frank, my eyecup was made up of three pieces to fit on the D70 and the middle piece popped off when I was out in the swamp and I couldn't find were it landed, there are some more reasonably priced eyecup solutions for the D70 so I will have to order a few of them, I am also waiting for someone to make adapters for the DK17m so it will fit on the D70 with out modifying it.

Martin

8. Thanks Mike, just built in flash on the first three, works well in a pinch.

Martin

9. Thanks Harry, there are so many interesting parts on these small creatures.

Martin

10. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Simply amazing, Martin. Would comment more often on your posted captures but they, as always, leave me speechless!
    Marvelous!!!!!!

11. D2Xcrazy

D2Xcrazy

Aug 23, 2005
    Excellent detail in the eyes.

12. Thanks for the comments Jerry and Geff!

Martin

13. hawkbug

hawkbug Guest

Martin, that is Spinneret is the most amazing photo I have ever seen!

Great work.

Hawk

14. Excellent, what more need be said.

15. Martin, you never cease to amaze with your reversed 28mm shots!

Would you mind sharing the exposure settings you use in general for the reversed 28mm? I have just acquired a 50mm and a reversing ring, and would like to try it out on some more static subjects. I am sure I won't get the same mileage compared with the 28mm.

Regards,
    Jonathan

16. I think Martin that you have to wait for days without wind to take those kind of pictures, It's so difficult for 1:1 imagine yours should be quite a challenge to shoot.

17. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Cool shots Martin.
    I think that's the first shot of a spider butt I've seen. :wink:

18. Hi Jonathan, I shoot the reversed lens at 1/500 f11, the built in flash at full or 1/2 depending on how much flash gets bounced back of the diffuser.

Martin

19. Hi Gilles, the wind can be a problem for getting the depth of field positioned correctly since its only a fraction of a millimeter but one little trick I discovered is most insects don't mind if you grab the leaf or branch they are on with your free hand, so what I do then is brace my camera against that hand also so every thing moves as one, makes a big difference.

Its is challenging and the keeper rate if very low but when you get a good one its worth it.

Thanks.
    Martin