Pucusana, Peru

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jczinn, Aug 28, 2005.

1. As some of you may have read, right after I posted my last shots from Peru, my hard drive crashed! :eek: Nothing lost, but that's the reason for the 2-week hiatus. Now, one new drive later, I can back to working on my photos from the trip.

These are from a small fishing village called Pucusana, where we went in search of seabirds such as the Humboldt Penguin. (We found the penguin, but too far away for a decent photo.)

All shot with D100

80-400VR
    [​IMG]

24-120VR
    [​IMG]

24-120VR
    [​IMG]

80-400VR
    [​IMG]

80-400VR
    [​IMG]

24-120VR
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking. More to come...

2. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Janet , I think theyre great. I love em.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    So colorful, yet so rustic & dilapidated at the same time. What do the symbols and wording on the hill mean? Do (did) you find the 24-120's rather large DOF, (esp stopped down), a worthwhile tradeoff for focal ideal range & portability as a vacation lens?

4. Janet Glad to see you survived the crash. Great shots as always love the pastel type colors I always feel like I have visited these places with you

5. royk

royk

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX/USA
    They are nice. Especially the 3rd one, nice color and composition.

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Janet,you've got a great eye these are truely magnificent
    Can't pick a favorite great pictures all of them

7. Really nice images Janet. They are some hard looking boats which just adds to the lure. Well done.

8. Hi Janet,

Good to see you are back on-line. I have been trying to help with the bird ID's in your absence! :wink:

Very nice photos of the work boats.

We are off to Africa, Wednesday, for 3 weeks. Hope to have lots of photos to post when we are back! :biggrin:

Bob & Nan

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Janet. Loved all the culture and colors and landscapes of the country.

You have brought home and photographed great memories to share and enjoy.

10. wow Bob, have a great trip, can't wait to see the photos! Should be simply awesome!