Puffin and the tale of the lowepro

Hi all this is a quick or maybe a long post, the other day I was on the farnes taking some images of puffin and other seabirds. Unfortunately I had a small accident (or large depending how you look at it) with my lowepro bag the zip failed and emptied the contents D1x 100-300f4 portable hard drive 12 gigabytes of CompactFlash card 4 batteries filters and numerous other things onto the hard granite of the farnes.
Anyway to cut a long story short I e-mailed lowepro and got a reply back, after long conversation tonight the outcome is see below.

Phillip.

This is an update with the situation to my lowepro bag, after e-mailing them they replied very promptly with a phone number and asking me to give them my phone number. Tonight I received a phone call from Andy Bennet product manager from lowepro UK , offering to pay half the cost of the repairs (as a gesture of goodwill) and they are sending me a new bag out obviously I have to prove that the camera was damaged with a repair invoice from my local camera shop.

Even though their warranty stipulates that they are not responsible for any damaged equipment due to failure of one of their products, I really can't believe that this kind of service (exceptional) is still available today in an age when manufacturers of products are constantly trying to wash their hands of all responsibility it is not only refreshing but great to know that some companies do care, and that their customers do come first, so if you want a company that you know you can trust and do the right thing when something does go wrong, and you are in need of a high quality camera bag (I do have four of them and this is the first one to have any problems) then get yourself a lowepro bag.

Phillip.

common-tern-d2x 800mm sigma
common-tern-d2x-007a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

puffin-d2x 500mm sigma
puffin-d2x-001a.jpg

guillemot-D2x 500mm sigma
guillemot-D2x-001a.jpg

puffin-d2x 500mm sigma
puffin-d2x-002a.jpg

artic-tern-d2x 500mm sigma
artic-tern-d2x-003a.jpg

I just love those Puffins. Such a special bird for some reason. Never have seen one of these very unique birds.

Other shorts a really good also.

Lowpro, I am impressed and very glad to hear that. Might buy one, one day.

Thanks.

Phillip

Great images. Especially like the puffins.

Sorry to read about your equipment mishap. It is nice to see a company such as Lowepro stand behind their product.

I have 4 Lowepro bags plus the S & F belt/harness system and have been very pleased.

Russ

Phillip, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. I am happy to hear that Lowepro was so responcible. It is encouraging to hear stories like this. I notice you have the Sigma 500 and a D2x. I also have a Sigma 500f4.5 HSM lens. I was interested in knowing how this lens works with the D2X. By looking at your great pictures I would say it works pretty well. How do you feel about this combo? Thanks.

Phillip, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. I am happy to hear that Lowepro was so responsible. It is encouraging to hear stories like this. I notice you have the Sigma 500 and a D2x. I also have a Sigma 500f4.5 HSM lens. I was interested in knowing how this lens works with the D2X. By looking at your great pictures I would say it works pretty well. How do you feel about this combo? Thanks.

Hi all thanks for the comments, James I find the sigma 500F4.5 HSM great, nice and sharp wide open and brilliant by F8, the AF is just so good i no longer think about manualley focusing any more, a great lens just got better with the introduction of the D2x.

Phillip.

Phillip,

I too am sorry to hear about your accident, but am thrilled to hear the response from Lowepro. There are some good bag manufacturers out there, many of whom have excellent reputations for customer service. I guess now we should make sure that Lowepro is on that list. I personally have 5 of their bags, the vest, and the big belt. Makes me feel better about sending them my $$ to hear your story. :wink:

B

Blind Observer

Phillip, those are outstanding, excellent images, love them. Nice to hear some good thiongs about customer service. Thumbs up to them, my next bag will be a lowpro.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Phillip,
I am impressed by the story and I think highly of Lowepro.
It is your images, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic shots Phillip, always enjoy seeing them. Beautifully done. Those puffin shots are down right awesome!!! Hope to see more shots and nice to see that D2x singggggg...............

sorry to hear about your gear, most excellent news, great to see them accept some responsibility when they didnt have too, very refreshing!!!

take care
Keith

Cool shots, Phillip! I really like the Puffin shots. The only time I've seen Puffins in real life were on a buffet in Iceland (not joking) ;) I much prefer seeing them this way....especially the inflight shot. It's really neat.

Super shots, Philip

Gotta love those Puffins! Love the shots where it has several fish in it's mouth! Glad Lowpro offered to help out after your blunder.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that I have never seen a picture of a puffin without several small fish in its mouth. When I was a kid, I had a set of wildlife encyclopedia and a puffin with a mouthful was on the cover.

Hi cm palmer just for you .

phillip.

puffin-d2x-005a-copy.jpg

B

bfjr

1st excellent captures as other really dig the Puffin shots/fish and all :)

thanks for the info, just so happens I'm looking for a new backpack so they get moved to the top of my short list.

Latest threads

Top Bottom