Punk Rockers Added Another shot on the end...

Bet you thought it would be something different that you were thinking... :eek:

Down in Lajolla, CA there is a huge colony of Cormornats. These dudes get a interesting set of breeding plumage...

Here are a few shots of them.

53853723.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 21341

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG that is tooooo funny.........

money shot money shot :>)))

Love it, that is great.
Not only the funny hair doo...But the silly look as well.

Good going.

Great shots Eric!! How the heck were you able to get so close to them in the nesting olony. Up here, we're not allowed to venture into nesting colonies, plus they would all fly away if we tried to get that close.

What species of cormorant is that? We have Double-crested, Brandts & Pelagic up here, but this doesn't look like any of them.

Cheers

Tim

Gale said:
OMG that is tooooo funny.........
money shot money shot :>)))
Love it, that is great.
Not only the funny hair doo...But the silly look as well.
Good going.

Thanks Gale, These guys were just standing there on the cliffs and approached us...

Tim Z said:
Great shots Eric!! How the heck were you able to get so close to them in the nesting olony. Up here, we're not allowed to venture into nesting colonies, plus they would all fly away if we tried to get that close.
What species of cormorant is that? We have Double-crested, Brandts & Pelagic up here, but this doesn't look like any of them.
Cheers
Tim

Well, I was down there shooting Brown Pelicans in Breeding colors... This is one of the same areas Art Morris takes his photo workshops. The Pelicans are standing on the rocks and we can walk out there... As long as you keep a relatively safe distance i.e 20-30ft they seem to be fine with you standing there with them...
These guys were in breeding plumage which occurs somewhere around early spring?

I think they were both Double-crested, and Brandts.

Remeber they are in breeding plumage... That is the key..

Added Another shot for today

Just thought I would go out with a bang for this year.. This will be my last post till next year..

After today I will not have access to the internet. So I thought I would just add another shot to the end of this post...

Ferruginous Hawk
53861067.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom