Punks

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    After seeing Mike Mac's post of Cleo, I promised Mike that I would post a few shots of Pumpkin (Punks). She was a relatively willing model tonight. I used the 35mm 2.0 that I borrowed from Ann (ponygurl) for my family Chrismas dinner coming up this Saturday, along with the SB-800 and the D2H.

Without further ado, here's my fat kitty. :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have you ever seen such a fat belly?? :rolleyes:

2. My, what big eyes you have, Punks!

And yes, my cat's tummy is even bigger, if you can believe it. I think it's actually part pig! :eek:

3. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Frank,I dare say these are better than being there in person.Excellent shots.Thats one more lens on my want list now.

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Those are great!

5. Wonderful job Frank...with no blown highlights.

They all look great and very nice job.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pumpkin says Thanks!! :wink:

Kevin, Bigger that these thunder-thighs??!? This is a kitty that really likes to eat. She looks like a blimp with legs. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. WOW Sure does look like Cleo.. but boy that is one fat cat.... The big boy of the block.....Very nice shots Frank, arent cats the best

10. great shots of a cool fat cat

11. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    I see your fat cat"
    and I raise you "fat lazy cat!"

[​IMG]

and it was taken with the 35mm f2 for consitency, not a fisheye as it seems!

12. AAaaahhh, we finally get to meet Pumpkin! She's a beaut Frank, I need to show Fluff these images. It'll relieve his cabin fever a bit :biggrin: :biggrin:
    One comment: The images look slightly underexposed to me - is it my monitor?
    Be sure to post some more of her Frank.

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Punks says thanks again to everyone for stopping by. :smile:

Chaz, Very handsome kitty, and yes, about as chunky as Punks. What is it about fat kitties? I swear that we feed her exactly the same amount, maybe less than our boy kitty (Jackson), but we just can't seem to slim her down, and he's not overweight at all. :confused:

Frits, They are underexposed. I screwed up and left the metering on spot instead of matrix, so I should have dialed in +1.3 EV (I think I was around +.3). I shoot in A mode so rarely that I forgot to change it. If she is accommodating, I'll try again tonight with the proper settings. :rolleyes:

BTW, this little 35 f2 is a neat lens. It looks to tiny on the D2H. I plan on using it to take family pictures this Saturday, and I think it's going to be fun. :wink:

14. Beautiful cat, Frank. Great shots.

15. ponygurl

ponygurl

Jan 25, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Awww... good shots Frank!!! And yes, that's what I was telling ya about overexposing a bit on that lens... not sure if it's my lens or just a quirk with that lens in general...but otherwise I love the little lens! :D

Ann

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Ann. Believe me, I remembered what you said after I started looking at the shots. I thought 'Ann told me to watch out for this'. What a maroon. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, I'll do better this weekend when the family is here. :smile: