Puppers....looking for input...

Now...both of these were taken with the D50, and a 70-300mm G lens.

What I'm trying to figure....they're not quite as sharp as I'd like. Is it something I'm doing, in method, or is it the lens? I fully understand ya get what ya pay for, and it wasn't much. :wink:

Any thoughts?

This one is cropped, to get rid of extraneous fence, etc.

megan_apr_07_483.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one is "straight", just resized for posting.
roxie__apr_07_310.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The first thing that comes to mind is camera shake. Were you handholding? A general rule of thumb for handholding is your shutter speed should be at least as fast as the millimeters your lens is when taking the photograph. Example: 300mm = 1/300, 200mm=1/200, 100mm=1/100 etc. This is just a general rule and results can vary greatly among users but it's a starting point.

I would suggest putting your rig on a solid support and photograph a static subject then inspect the sharpness. That is a quick way to eliminate some variables. Hope this helps! The second photo looks pretty good on my monitor by the way.

Cute dog!

Yes, I was....random backyard sots. I'll try a solid surface.

Thanks! That's Roxie Roo Shih Tzu Fangface.... :)

Random backyard SOTS eh? You must have an interesting backyard.:biggrin: Sorry but I got a really good chuckle out of that.

I've got to tell you that I LOVE your dogs name! It is just plain fun to say!

ROFL! What can I say....spastic fingers.....

It fits her. She's one of my rescue babies...came to "schnauzer bootcamp" because she was such a brat, and we love her to death! Just like one of the kids, she know if she hears her full name, it's time to listen up!

Latest threads

Top Bottom