Puppies!

Our toy fox terrier had a litter of four early this morning. She encountered some difficulties during labor, so the pups were delivered via an emergency Cesarean section. Mom and puppies are doing well.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Four puppies is a relatively large litter for this breed but make a nice warm pile while mom takes a break.

Toy fox terriers are quite small. The mother weighs about 6 lbs, and the puppies weigh about 4 oz. ea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh my goodness
How precious is this.
This is way over the Cuteness meter........

So glad Mamma is ok.

Looks like good sized puppies to, for her

Nice pics
Thank You

Dave,

They're beautiful!!! Lovely head pieces on them already. :smile:

My B litter was whelped by c-section b/c the ***** was late (and it was a frozen implant........vet was taking no risks). Two things I found that really helped mom heal up:

1) Hold a warming light or heat lamp (white bulb, not red) over the incision while she's on her side. Put your hand on her belly, if your hand is too hot, so is her skin. The dry heat helps the incision heal.

2) If you do holistic stuff, arnica montana (1M if you can get it, otherwise, 30C). 3x a day for 3 days.

Best of luck to you and mum, I know those first few days are sleepless! :smile:

Ohhhh my goodness
How precious is this.
This is way over the Cuteness meter........

So glad Mamma is ok.

Looks like good sized puppies to, for her

Nice pics
Thank You
Thanks, Gale. The poor mom could barely move the last few days of her pregnancy-her belly was almost dragging the floor. I'm as fond her as any dog we've had in the past 20 years. The last dog I got this attached to was a Great Dane-go figure.

Dave,

They're beautiful!!! Lovely head pieces on them already. :smile:

My B litter was whelped by c-section b/c the ***** was late (and it was a frozen implant........vet was taking no risks). Two things I found that really helped mom heal up:

1) Hold a warming light or heat lamp (white bulb, not red) over the incision while she's on her side. Put your hand on her belly, if your hand is too hot, so is her skin. The dry heat helps the incision heal.

2) If you do holistic stuff, arnica montana (1M if you can get it, otherwise, 30C). 3x a day for 3 days.

Best of luck to you and mum, I know those first few days are sleepless! :smile:
Thanks, Gretchen. We have a heat light set up to keep everybody warm and a thermometer next to the whelping box to monitor the temperature. Mom's doing great so far.

Oh my! These are beyond precious! Dave, these are absolutely darling - love those pink noses on the second shot. All are very nice pictures.

Hope mom recovers quickly and that the pups will grow up nice and strong. :smile:

Dave, what cute and great looking puppies. Congratulations. I'm glad both Mom and pups are doing fine. We need to see them as they grow. I had a litter of 5 a couple of years ago. When they get to be 7-8 weeks old they are very funny but can be quite a handful. :biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom