Pure Gold...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Taco, Oct 3, 2008.

1. It was a long wait but I finally got my grubby hands on a shiny new 24-70 2.8....This lens is only two days old but wow what a gorgeous chunk of glass. My first gold ring lens. In a sense I turned junk into gold. Scrap prices were up and I hauled a number of vehicles to the shredder to fund this lens. It was a lot of work but was it worth it??? Absolutely.........Some test images on a D200...

Cheers

Ted:smile:

385908209_tAP7F-L.jpg

385909804_bRAgL-L.jpg

385909035_V7sTH-L.jpg

385909052_i4NJu-L.jpg

385909567_AzJgL-L.jpg

2. alemmo

alemmo

Sep 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    looks great

3. mematsu

mematsu

May 2, 2007
    los angeles
    That's some pop! Nice color and saturation.

4. I'm jealous Ted. Very nice images and I have no doubt you'll be taking many more. :biggrin:

5. Thanks guys! Robert- "many" is a relative term but my D200 will be smokin hot this weekend. Effective length is around 36-105 on a cropped sensor but it's just a matter of time until this lens is on a D3. I'm a lot more hopefull now after talking to a manager at my favorite shop in Calgary. He said the buzz is that Nikon will drop the price on the D3/700 in Nov. when the Canon 24 MP thingy hits the shelves. This lens and a D3 will be a killer combination......

Cheers

6. That lens on a D3 will be SMOKING HOT! :Bomb:

7. Congrats Ted...

You'll get to love this lens! :biggrin:

8. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Good on you ted, I like your method of earning the money for the lens. Those are some great sample photos.

Now more people will be saying "that camera must take nice pictures":eek::biggrin:

9. Dude- I think I'm there already...

Troy- When I hear that phrase I tell them I make the picture and the camera helps me record it. It's the art of observation....:biggrin:

Cheers

10. Congrats on the new glass, Ted, and it sure didn't take you long to get chummy with it. I've got my eye on that lens, too, but I'll have to live vicariously through you for a bit so keep the pics coming :biggrin:

11. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Very Nice!

12. 24-70

Yep that one's a keeper for sure.

376539822_ywpPx-M.jpg

[​IMG]

13. mebbe one more?

376531416_SfSrX-L.jpg

14. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Agreed

I certainly agree the 24-70 is a keeper. The photo below was shot through the windshield of a tour bus:
    [​IMG]