Purple Coneflower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Jerry Snider, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    A purple coneflower with the pollen bearing flowers in the head just beginning to open.
    [​IMG]

Jerry Snider

2. Beautiful image Jerry. You should feel good about this one. Very nice color.

3. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Gordon,
    Thanks. I think that these two are a bit better. Your opinion?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jerry Snider

4. Jerry, for the color, l prefer the first one, for the composition (the way the flower is spread) the last one.

5. I think they are all spectacular. Wonderful images with great color saturation.

6. I'm no macro expert but I think #1 is the best shot of the bunch!

7. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Kevin,
    The petals have the correct color in photo #1 but I'm not really totally happy with the bee. It was extremely windy. For some reason I like the 2nd photo because I know how difficult it is to get two bumble bees in the same plane of focus, and in the wind to boot. Need to work on the color a bit more. Overdid the flash a bit too much as well. Likely because I kicked up the ISO to 800 to help compensate some for the wind.
    Appreciate your comments.
    Jerry Snider

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Excellent Jerry. Great detail. You done good!

9. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Gilles, thanks for the input. However, the 2nd pic shows the typical shape of a purple coneflower. I like the bumble bee in the 3rd pic however, and the hairy green sepals beneath the petals.
    Jerry Snider

10. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Gilles, thanks for the input. However, the 2nd pic shows the more typical shape of a purple coneflower. I like the bumble bee in the 3rd pic however, and especially the brownish hairs just in front of the black region, as well as the hairy green sepals beneath the petals. I think that if I were to make a print it would be the 3rd one.
    Jerry Snider