Purple Coneflower

A purple coneflower with the pollen bearing flowers in the head just beginning to open.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jerry Snider

Gordon,
Thanks. I think that these two are a bit better. Your opinion?

Jerry Snider

Kevin,
The petals have the correct color in photo #1 but I'm not really totally happy with the bee. It was extremely windy. For some reason I like the 2nd photo because I know how difficult it is to get two bumble bees in the same plane of focus, and in the wind to boot. Need to work on the color a bit more. Overdid the flash a bit too much as well. Likely because I kicked up the ISO to 800 to help compensate some for the wind.
Appreciate your comments.
Jerry Snider

AlainGW said:
Jerry, for the color, l prefer the first one, for the composition (the way the flower is spread) the last one.
Gilles, thanks for the input. However, the 2nd pic shows the typical shape of a purple coneflower. I like the bumble bee in the 3rd pic however, and the hairy green sepals beneath the petals.
Jerry Snider

AlainGW said:
Jerry, for the color, l prefer the first one, for the composition (the way the flower is spread) the last one.
Gilles, thanks for the input. However, the 2nd pic shows the more typical shape of a purple coneflower. I like the bumble bee in the 3rd pic however, and especially the brownish hairs just in front of the black region, as well as the hairy green sepals beneath the petals. I think that if I were to make a print it would be the 3rd one.
Jerry Snider

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom