Purple Gallinule

I spotted this lone Gallinule and tried following and getting a decent shot through all of the weeds that it was going through. These are a few of the shots I came away with.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Louie

Real Name
Dan
Excellent set, Louie. You captured some great positions on the bird. I love it when you can see the feet on birds like this. He didn't do you any favors with the backgrounds he chose but made up for it with great content which captures the attention and makes the BG a non-issue. Nicely done.

Excellent set, Louie. You captured some great positions on the bird. I love it when you can see the feet on birds like this. He didn't do you any favors with the backgrounds he chose but made up for it with great content which captures the attention and makes the BG a non-issue. Nicely done.
Hi Dan, I most appreciate your taking time to comment as you have, thank you very much.

Nice set! Love to photograph these guys, but their environment makes it tough. You did well.
Thanks very much Karen. I watched this guy for some time and it never did come into an area with a sweet BG, so I took what I could. BTW, this was the only one I saw in the entire week I was in Florida and I know that there were a number of folks driving around looking for one.

Nice set. It is really hard to get such open shots. Love that you got the feet.
Thanks Allan, and boy are you right about getting their feet in the shot.

nice, looks like a more colourful version of our pukeko
Thanks for commenting.

Well done Louie, wow the size of those feet...................
Thanks a lot Darrell.

Nice set Louie - I know it can take a lot of patience to get decent shots of these guys, and you did quite well.
Thank you very much Fred, it does indeed take some patience.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom