Purple Martin

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Chris Kelleher, Jun 23, 2007.

1. We just put up a purple marin house in our backyard a couple of weeks ago and already have a little family of martins that moved in. I got a few shots of them today:

All taken with my D80 and 70-300 VR. You can click on the pictures for EXIF data.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know they aren't as impressive as some of the other birds pictures I see around here, so any comments or feedback would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Third one is nice:>))

Hard shootin against that sun

3. Yes the sun was very bright today and was directly overhead when I was taking the pictures. It made getting the exposure a bit tricky since I was getting some blown highlights along with heavy shading.

I'll have to try to get some early morning shots as well when the lighting is a bit better. I was very excited to get these since we just put up the purple martin house and weren't expecting to get any residents so soon, but are thrilled that we did :smile:

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    I think your Purple Martin's are actually Wrens. Still a nice bird to have around though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.