Critique Put me back in!

My wife's preparation for her colonoscopy tomorrow requires adhering today to a highly restrictive diet. So, I made Jello for her, one of the few things she is allowed to eat.

Setup
The tabletop is translucent vellum and the background is white translucent acrylic that fills the frame, no more and no less. A medium continuous-light lamp behind the background was shining toward the subjects and camera. That lighting setup outlines the transparent glass dish and the translucent Jello in dark tones.

Mike 2020-01-26--004-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very well thought out. Mike, you seem to have very good control and understanding of your light, one area I still struggle with myself. The mastery of the technical lets your imagination fly, like it so often does here.
On a different note, I wish your wife a clean, normal, colonoscopy. As a colon cancer survivor, at least so far, these screening tests really can save your life. They found a large, tennis can size, cancer in my right colon during my first colonoscopy. I was 50. 16years later still kicking. I wish her luck.
Gary

Well done, Mike! Jello would do well to use this image in their marketing program.

Best wishes to your wife for a clean as a whistle report.

Thank you also to Binnur, Gary and Don!

As a colon cancer survivor
Best wishes to your wife for a clean as a whistle report.

Good to know they caught it in time, Gary! My wife and I have colonoscopies done every five years because tiny polyps were discovered the first time for each of us. That's neither unusual nor alarming. If there had never been any polyps, I think we would be on a schedule of every seven to ten years but I might be wrong about that.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom