Puzzling behavior of CS2 SOLVED IT! see below

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Jun 20, 2005.

1. I was trying to finish up another day's images from Canada and wanted to remove a few water spots in the sky part of a couple of images. I can't get the rubber stamp to work. I've owned PS for 7 years and have used the rubber stamp for years.

Everything seems right but when I click on the area nothing changes in the image. The command history registers a "rubber stamp command" but nothing changes. This happens in both jpg and tif (8 bit). Yes the size circle is larger than the spot. Using Adobe 98.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rich

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Did ya have your caps lock key on by mistake.. That will throw you for a loop :>))

Been there..

Then once in awhile you have to dump the preference file and when you re-open PS it rebuilds. Or make a copy of a good one and then just replace it.

Hope that maybe helps.

3. No, I purged it, Healing, Rubber Stamp, eraser and blur won't work.

Rich

4. IxLr8

IxLr8 Guest

I had stuff not work when the image is layered. It will want you to flatten it before doing additional editing.

5. Flatten image is greyed out. Mode is 8 bit RGB.

Rich

6. I have a Wacom Graphire pen pad and apparently the Wacom software disables the usual mouse commands. It works with the pen. Boy, that took two hours to track down. RATS!

:twisted:

7. Rich, you can use both, check the Wacom settings. I have one and can still use my regular mouse on cloning, etc.
    Don't you just hate it when you have to spend hours to track down such a niggly little problem?

8. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Interesting, I haven't noticed that my Graphire has any affect on mouse functionality. I was going to suggest you had a hidden selection you had forgotten about, that's usually what happens to me. :)

9. tamachan

tamachan Guest

Curious, how many of you all have Wacom tablets? I'm thinking of acquiring one...any suggestions on which?

10. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    I have a 9x12 Intuos2 and love it! The Intuos is a little higher-end than the Graphire, but they are both wonderful tools. The Cintiq is awesome...LCD monitor built-in!

Here's a comparison of the models from Wacom's site:

Wacom Product Comparison

C

11. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    I have an older 9 X 12 Intuos on my desktop and a 4 X 6 Graphire on my laptop. Nowadays, I find a mouse clumsy. My only complaint is the 'Right-click" sometimes doesn't work on the pen,

12. tamachan

tamachan Guest

Wacom

Thanks for the feedback.

I was personally considering either the Intuos3 or the Graphire -- leaning toward the 6x8 since the 4x5 seems too small a working area.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gezzzzzzzz Rich,

I had that happen often also and forgot all about that one trick.

so sorry.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wacom 6x8 Intous 3 is great.