1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pyramids of NYC

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Dez Santana, Aug 8, 2009.

1. There are pyramids in Egypt, Mexico, Central America & South America.......and there are pyramids in NYC :wink:

D300 @ ISO 200 with 18-200 VR lens.

Bronx, 1/100 at f/4.5
    [​IMG]

1/80 at f/4.5
    [​IMG]

1/50 at f/4.5
    [​IMG]

Queens, 1/500 at f/4.5
    [​IMG]

Brooklyn, 1/100 at f/8
    [​IMG]

Bronx, 1/800 at f/4.5
    [​IMG]

1/640 at f/4.5
    [​IMG]

1/160 at f/4.5
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
  2. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    Nice shots - and, nice job for whoever did the paintings too...those are all rather impressive.

3. Nice set Dez!
    I have to process and post more of the Toronto graffiti. Still have plenty in the bag.

4. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    Dez; these are great. Are you doing something different with your pp'ing? These look a whole lot sharper, the colors really pop and the clarity seems much more pronounced than before.

5. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Beautiful display of Beautiful displays!! Mucho Talento!:biggrin:

6. Thanks Jerry. I've noticed quite a few of these guys have been displaying some nice stuff around here. I find these paintings by chance and appreciate the colors when I see them :wink:

Cool :smile:

No, I think that I process the same way w/all my images. I do selective adjustments and try to keep my photos as natural looking as possible.

7. Really nice series Dez. You have a knack for finding the best graf! The ones from the Bronx are outside someone's house??? Interesting.

8. manishg

manishg

Jul 22, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    nice photos. great artwork!

9. I've been lucky to have my camera with me when I do :biggrin: Thanks!

Thanks!

10. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Two thumbs up, darlin...! :biggrin:

11. tom500

tom500

Oct 24, 2008
    Grand Rapids
    nice work...by two artists.

(yo Dez, whats up with those Yankees? They're looking good in the toughest division in MLB - just glad the Tigers are in the central - anything can happen in a five game series.)

12. Gracias :m39:

13. Thanks Tom.

The Yankees are being like the Yankees in the 'old days' :biggrin: KICKIN BUTT

14. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Very nice, Dez. None here in Manhattan, eh? :D 

15. WOW! With or withour pyramids:biggrin: your NYC pictures are always outstanding!
    I must learn how you manage to always get these fantastic colours and sharpness...
    Simply Beautiful!

Rui
    D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon :smile:glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

16. :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: 

May be because english is not my native languagae... I am not an USA guy... but, I´m sorry to say that I do not understand this comment....

Rui
    D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon :smile:glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

17. No pyramids in Manhattan. I haven't found any :tongue: Thanks!

You do a great job yourself with your excellent stills in Portugal :smile:

Ok. Tell me exactly what you don't like.....

18. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Really like those Dez! The colors are very good and the last picture reminds me of a Nikon shoorter howling for the FX format!:smile:

19. Haha! Good way of putting it! Thanks :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.