Pysanky - Ukrainian Easter eggs.

My wife has gotten started on this years batch of Pysanky.
Pysanka and mushroom 0726.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pysanka in a glass  bowl resized 0744.jpg

Pysanka in a sunflower bowl 0741.jpg

Pysanka ion a stand  resized 0757.jpg

Pysanka ion a stand resized 0769.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
OUTSTANDING! I love the black background you have chosen this year. It really allows each egg's colors and patterns to pop off the screen! I look forward each year to seeing your wife's creations....and your fine photographs of them!

OUTSTANDING! I love the black background you have chosen this year. It really allows each egg's colors and patterns to pop off the screen! I look forward each year to seeing your wife's creations....and your fine photographs of them!
My wife and I both thank you Karen, and we're so happy that you enjoy Hanusia's work/therapy. I get to enjoy another photo op.
I always look forward to seeing the new batch of eggs every year. Kudos to the cultural nod, to the chicken that laid each egg, to the artist who painted them and to the photographer!
Thanks Mike. Nush and I thank you for your kind words. ( not sure what the chicken thinks though)
Exquisite in every way, as always. These make this a favorite time of the year at the Cafe for me!
Thanks Nick. We look forward to sharing Hanusia's creations with you every year

Ah, yes, but Bob, these works of art are the result of a perfect synchrony between Pysanky creator and photographer! Without your wonderful photography of the gorgeous eggs we'd never have been able to savor and appreciate the artistic skills of each of you!
Oh wow. Connie.We are both blushing right now. Thank you very much for your kind words. We so much enjoy preserving our culture. To be able to share it with others who appreciate what we love makes it all worth while.

Real Name
Phil
Love your annual posting of the eggs.

This year, both the eggs and the photos are the best. Really really beautiful. Please send my best regards to your wife too.

Wow, these are superb. My parents were Ukrainians, & I vaguely, very vaguely remember them telling me about this tradition of painting eggs.
Your wife has done a superb job on these, & beautifully photographed... 👍👍

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom