Q: Why Didn't Nikon Make Any 'Canonet' Type Of Cameras?

Real Name
Chris
:confused::eek: $149 for a CoolPix 950!! Granted I paid a thousand dollars for mine, but yikes, nostalgia is expensive. I bought Royce a Kodak easy share camera for Christmas. It was $7. He loves it and takes pictures of everything. In true camera guy mode, he doesn't seem to care much about what he shoots. If I print the pictures, he just looks at them, and moves on. Maybe he's just critical ... ;)

In defense of the 950 though, it is one of the few early digitals that could shoot decent IR just by putting a filter over the lens (with no internal changes needed.) The only other one I can think of is the Leica M8.

I loved that first Coolpix, the CP 900 -- I was immediately attracted to its small size and easy portability and was intrigued by the whole digital thing. I bought one and used it quite a bit for casual snapshots, etc., not quite trusting it for anything "serious," but as time went on and I went through various Coolpixes I eventually was using just a Coolpix while my film cameras and lenses languished in the cabinet.

Then one afternoon I was standing outside with the Coolpix 8800 trying to get it to do something it simply was unable to do.....and that was the day I knew it was time to get back to an SLR. Went to the camera store the very next day and came home with my first DSLR, the wonderful D70.....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom