Quackers (5/8)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, May 8, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Went back down to the pond this morning with Greg Giesing. Lots of activity, and we got a few good shots. Here's a representative sample. All shot with the D2H / 300mm f2.8.

Mallard flyby:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A pack of honkers coming in:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Paul. As to where, you are welcome here in N. Alabama any time that you decide to cross the puddle. We can always find a spare bed. 8)

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Frank

It is quite obvious that you have these suckers TOTALLY TRAINED!

Jim

5. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    well, you new you had at least a couple good ones before you left. Doesn't this get boring for you? I think it's time you moved on to swallows and whip-poor-wills. this is getting to easy for ya. good shots as usual

6. Nice shots Frank.....you really outdid yourself with the last shot....EXCELLENT!!! :D :D :D :D :D

7. Oooo...like that "pack of honkers" shot! :lol: I'm hanging around you when you come down here. I'll be watching for any pieces of talent that fall off so I can quickly grab them up! :wink:

8. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Good shots Flew. You've gotten pretty good at this. I just got back from an afternoon trip to the pond. Not a whole lot of action. I haven't looked yet to see if I got any decent shots.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Kevin, but it ain't talent, it's dogged persistence. Just ask Greg. He'll tell you how hard we worked for these shots.... 8)

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Chris. You should have come out with us this morning. We had a bunch of opportunities. Maybe next weekend.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow Frank,

You are going to put us all to shame at Merritt.

Fantastic shots.

Thanks for sharing.

12. All GREAT shots Frank, looks like you had a work out. Beautifully done! Would be nice to see some exif........... ;-) Anywhere I can look up to see the camera menu set up for flight shots, posted anywhere? Want to start using my memory banks! I know, novel concept. LOL

13. Great work, Frank. I'm gonna have to dust off my 300 and look for some ducks.

14. Love those shots Frank - especially the Canada Geese.

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

I posted my a bank settings in my pond thread from Saturday. Let me know if you can't find it.