Quackers and honkers: they're returning

Although winter seems never ending this year, the forces of nature are at work nevertheless.
It is the time that the various sorts of ducks and gees are returning from wintering down south.
Last night I went for a ride to a migration corridor not far from here. Feel like coming along?

The migration corridor is near the Saint Lawrence river, where spring high water floods the fields. Lots of large birds in the sky

Nikkor Ai 28mm f/3.5
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Let's take a closer look

Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8
View attachment 90177

Here is a flight, coming in for the night.
Overflying and scouting the landing area:

Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8 + TC-14A (same for the next 3 images)
View attachment 90178

Banking hard:

View attachment 90179

Final turn:

View attachment 90180

Final approach:

View attachment 90181

The sun has set as darkness approaches. Time to go back home.

Nikkor Ai 28mm f/3.5
View attachment 90182

These are wonderful, Frits. I always look forward to your posts. My favorites are the "final turn" and the last one.

....Last night I went for a ride to a migration corridor not far from here. Feel like coming along?

The migration corridor is near the Saint Lawrence river, where spring high water floods the fields. Lots of large birds in the sky
...as a matter of fact I do! How about around 10-12 June? :wink:

I've just about talked myself into buying a Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 for the occasion.

I liked the next to lask shot. Like a squadron of planes landing; don't you think?

Rich

...as a matter of fact I do! How about around 10-12 June? :wink:

I've just about talked myself into buying a Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 for the occasion.

I liked the next to lask shot. Like a squadron of planes landing; don't you think?

Rich
Good stuff Rich! I suspect that this area will be vacated at that time though, it is just a stop over during migration - but we'll find something else!
I was thinking of you with this sequence: nice carrier pattern, isn't it?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom