Quad Motocross National, part 2

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by nipprdog, Jul 29, 2007.

1. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    This first group was mostly 1/2500 at f3.5;

DSC_7210copyW.
    DSC_7211copyW.
    DSC_7203copyW.
    DSC_7186copyW.
    DSC_6530copyW.

these panning shots were from 1/160-1/250

DSC_7101copyW.
    DSC_7078copyW.
    DSC_7150copyW.
    DSC_7241copyW.
    DSC_7218copyW.
    DSC_6971copyW.
    DSC_7214copyW.

thanks for looking

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I like them all Jim, the first four images are particularly nice because of the isolation of just one or two racers. The fifth image is nice...but how cool if he were facing the camera. The remaining images, shot at a slower shutter speed, are sweet. I realize that maintaining clear backgrounds is tough depending on where on the course you are shooting from. You did very well Jim, thanks for sharing your shots, I really enjoyed viewing them.

3. Nice colors, nice sharpness and good perspectives. Great job!

4. Jim,
    I really like the clarity, contrast, and detail in these shots, and that the backgrounds are all OOF enough that they don't detract from the subject at all. Not necessarily easy with the bright overhead sunlight You didn't miss a thing here, except that you probably didn't get muddy did you? :)

5. Nice shots Jim!

6. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Frank. yes, some of the backgrounds were cluttered. but nothing like the quad drag races I shot on Saturday at the local fairgrounds. :biggrin: this is one of the 'clean' shots;

DSC_8043YPcopyW.

Thanks, David

Thanks, Steve. the dust got pretty bad late in the day on Saturday. they did a better job of watering the track on Sunday. :wink:

Thanks, Ed.

7. WOW! These are great! I'm shooting my 1rst MX race this weekend and I'm quite nervous, out of practice, and hope I can come back with 1 keeper - I ain't pushing that #! Any advice would be great! Nice goin!

8. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Diane. PM sent.

9. Nice job Jim they look good I liek the slower shutter pseeds in events liek this to give the tires the look of movement so they arent frozen. Well done

10. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Mike. I picked up my D200 yesterday and I plan to give it a try out at the local MX on Sunday.