1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Quebec city - Chateau Frontenac **added post with another image**

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Frits, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Last week, Quebec city's majestic "Chateau Frontenac" hotel, which is positioned high above the St. Lawrence river.

The first image is "as shot", early AM.
    The 2nd one is an HDR attempt later in the day in difficult light. The multiple exposure causes some "people ghosts", but not to the point of being disturbing (to me anyway... :smile:) .

D2x, Nikkor AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8

original.
    NIKON D2X    ---    19mm    f/6.3    1/250s    ISO 100

original.
    NIKON D2X       24mm    f/6.3    1/250s    ISO 100

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  2. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

That is a gorgeous hotel. Thanks for posting.

3. Nice capture...beautiful hotels

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Wonderful images. I bet that hotel is expensive :) 

5. Nice shots.. I haven't been there in a few years..Lovely place and you captured it well

6. Haven't visited in a long time. Beautiful place.

7. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Ha! I stayed there once, in 1981, 13 years old!
    All the Canadians were going nutso about Charles and Diana getting married.
    I tasted canadian beer. (o'keefe)
    Went on a boat on the St. Lawrence river.
    Put handcuffs on a very cute girl and lost the key. Big crisis.
    Very cool.

Nice light in those. Brought back some memories.

8. nice shot of the hotel. I went there in the early 80's when the tall ships came up the St. Lawrence, huuuge party. Still chilly, but I imagine winter carnival is even colder up there on the bluff.

9. Lovely!! We stayed there in '87 on a field trip for French class. Gorgeous hotel, and oh the fun we had! :biggrin:

10. Great images of a fantastic hotel, Frits. I had a wonderful Valentine's weekend in the Chateau a few years ago. Your HD image of the boardwalk brings back great memories. You'll have to post some winter shots of the Chateau as well.

11. Nice shot Frits, we used to visit there every summer. Not in the hotel that is. :smile:. We stayed at an old motel out of town. This was owned by an old fellow speaking French out of a voice box and a burning cigarette in his hand. Thanks for sharing I love that area.

12. Very nice

Very nice captures :biggrin:

13. Sounds like the beginning of a very interesting story... :smile:

14. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    Gorgeous and brings back memories. In 8th grade our french class made a trip there. We stayed for the weekend. It was a wonderful experience.

15. beautiful shot.... #1

16. Here is another view of the hotel, from a nearby street:

original.
    NIKON D2X    ---    26mm    f/6.3    1/160s    ISO 100

17. Frist, you have to stop or I'll have to go spend a couple of days there... :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.