Question about Adobe Camera RAW

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Michael, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    Just recently I got a D300 so processing RAW files with my CS2 and Nikon Capture won't happen. I'm considering upgrading to CS3 and am curious if this will batch process. Would definately appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks...

2. CS3 will in ACR or Bridge but suggest you take a look at Lightroom which is specifically designed for this purpose. It is available at Adobe with a 30 day trial.

3. check out this thread -

thread

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. KeithR

KeithR

Jun 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    As stated, I'd suggest that you look into Lightroom. The current version just released is 2.0, but there are some reported bugs that will be addressed with a update soon. That said, Photoshop is getting ready to release CS4(an announcement is set for 23 Sept) so if you want the latest PS, that would be it. Lightroom and ACR use the same "engine" so either one would do the job. My preference is Lightroom and going to PS is becoming less and less. The only major drawback that most have against LR is it still doesn't have softproofing.

5. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    Thanks everyone, this helps. Much appreciated...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.